Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

When does energy return after BMX flat closure?

Options
olympicmtgirl
olympicmtgirl Member Posts: 29

I am 7 weeks post surgery. Seeing the Lymphedema Clinic PTevery two weeks as I have light cording but otherwise the incisions healed and I have full mobility.

I started letrozole (AI) 3 weeks ago. A bit sweaty but no other visible effects.

Limited life though as I have very inconsistent energy - I was the energizer bunny before but now a swim and an hour of talking and I am home and done for the day.

Can one tell if the fatigue is because I am still recovering from the surgery or a SE of the AI drug?

Don't see MO again till July, but I do have a natureopathic oncologiest appointment in a week.

If there is a post I should have read, just give me the link. My website search skills seem sub-par!

Comments

• castigame
    castigame Member Posts: 336
    edited April 2022
    Options

Hello,

BMX is a serious trauma on your body. And Your body still really angry. I think is it is more of surgery side effect. It took me entire year to get energy back. Please try to take it easy. It will come back.

• olympicmtgirl
    olympicmtgirl Member Posts: 29
    edited April 2022
    Options

Thx. I don't have any choice but to be patient!

Just can't get over being surprised as most survivors I talked to had poor mobility but adequate energy and I seem the reverse. But I do know every BC journey is unique!

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,168
    edited April 2022
    Options

It will take time. A whirlwind of tests, appointments, surgery, feeling crummy, your body has been through a lot. Don’t feel guilty if you need a nap Do it. Take life as easy as you can. This will get better.