Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Waiting is hard and I’m so confused

Options
jillycatt
jillycatt Member Posts: 12

Well here I am, waiting for my biopsy results. Nervous and trying to be patient.

First symptom was bloody discharge from my right nipple. I had an ultrasound and mammogram followed by a biopsy today, feeling quite sore. I have fibrocystic breasts (I think that’s the right term), which makes sense as they’ve always been quite sensitive, especially around my period. Behind my right nipple they found an unknown mass in a duct, possibly vascular. They said something about debris? And apparently I have a lot of cysts? I’m just feeling very confused and unsure. I should get my results early next week.

Wishing everyone the best of luck on this journey.

Comments

• rah2464
    rah2464 Member Posts: 1,192
    Options

Jillycat sorry you are having to play the waiting game and hoping you get benign results. I too had fibrocystic dense breasts. I remember having several painful cysts that had to be drained to get relief. Cystic activity can create all kinds of issues such as nipple discharge. It sounds like you have a very thorough, careful team managing your care which counts for so much when you are going through something like this.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,918
    Options

jillycatt, sorry you are here waiting for your biopsy results, but glad you found us! Please, try not to worry too much. We know it is easier said than done, but many, many biopsies come back benign. It's good you're being proactive though! Please, come back to et us know how it goes. We're thinking of you!

The Mods

• jillycatt
    Options

Thanks you for your kind words, I’m glad that I’m going through this process in a way, it’s made me much more aware of my body and for that I am grateful. Thank you.

• cathy67
    cathy67 Member Posts: 411
    Options

Jillycatt,

Sorry that you are in the waiting game as well. My biopsy is next week. My history made my routine so so hard to pass every time, but that is good, we are being examined carefully, to ensure early detection in case it is already there

Enjoy weekend

Cathy

• wolfgang
    wolfgang Member Posts: 10
    Options

Just here to send you positive vibes @jillyca

• jillycatt
    Options

Thank you all. No results yet, hopefully tomorrow or Tuesday. I’ve got all my fingers and toes crossed! I’ll be sure to post an update.

• cathy67
    Options

Jillycatt,

Fingers crossed.

• jillycatt
    Options

Update! Below was on my pathology report:

Clinical Information

Spontaneous + Nipple D/C Rt Br on US intraductal (illegible) defect with apparent vascularity at 8:00, 3 x 16G cores with US. ? Papilloma.

Diagnosis

Core biopsy, right breast:

Benign breast changes

Not sure exactly what this means but I’m feeling very positive about it! I have a follow up with my doctor next week, do you think it’s an intraducal papilloma? I wonder if they’ll send me for further testing or if I might need to get it removed. Feeling very relieved even though I still have questions I cried!

Thank you!

• cathy67
    Options

Jillycatt,

I don't know what the report means, but I know it is benign change!!! So so happy for you, I just back from my biopsy, I wish same thing on my report!

Cathy

• jillycatt
    Options

I’ll be thinking of you, Cathy! Best of luck and big hugs.