Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

One down, one to go

ness7432
ness7432 Member Posts: 11
edited May 2022 in Waiting for Test Results

Hi everyone. Little background I went for my first mammogram and they found an asymmetry on the right breast that could not be seen well on u/s and one on the left that they classified as a mass that is non-circumscribed and hypoechoic and determined both needed a biopsy. I was given a Birads 4. I had the right side done yesterday which I wasn't as concerned about as the actual mass on the left side but that one won't be biopsied until next Monday...anyways this is the result of the right side biopsy and while my doctor hasn't called yet (I read it on my portal) I feel this is good news! I am not sure now if the left will be the same thing? Hoping its still also benign but from what I have read PASH seems to be rare and usually unilateral. So just wanted to share that update, I am one down and one to go.

Has anyone had a finding similar to this?

Benign breast tissue with focal fibroadenomatous change,
pseudoangiomatous stromal hyperplasia (PASH) and columnar cell change

Thank you,

Amy

Comments

• Bluegirl27
    Bluegirl27 Member Posts: 28
    edited May 2022

Hi Amy! Last year I had a biopsy on a mass in my right breast that turned out to be PASH. Supposed to be completely benign. This year I had a biopsy on my left breast that I had DCIS in 22 years ago and just found out I have Invasive Ductal Carcinoma. I had my appt with my breast surgeon yesterday and is involved in research on PASH.and if there is a connection to later cancers. I will see what I can find out from him.

• ness7432
    ness7432 Member Posts: 11
    edited May 2022

Bluegill

First off I am sorry to hear about your new diagnosis and I will say prayers and healing wishes. But thank you this is the information I was seeking. While I am grateful the right side came back okay ni don't want to celebrate just yet because I don't feel as confident about the left. It's an actual mass. Non circumscribed solid and that is really rare with PASH I have read. My drs said no follow up needed for the right side except a yearly mammogram. I'm wondering what the chances are the left side could still be cancer or the same. I appreciate any information they come up with. Thank you and I am sorry I hope everything works out well for you. As well as can be.