Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Weekly Zoom meet up for those of us still working

Options
cowgal
cowgal Member Posts: 625

The Mods contacted me via private message to see what time and day would work best for those of us who are still working and finding it hard to participate in the current stage 4 weekly Zoom calls. They are trying very hard to get a meeting that will work for us. If you could please post which day(s) and time(s) would work best for you, maybe we can come up with a day and time that will work for most of us.

10/17/2022 ADDED BY MODS:

[NEW!] Tuesdays at 8:30 PM EST

Comments

• aprilgirl1
    aprilgirl1 Member Posts: 757
    edited May 2022
    Options

I would love this. I am on the west coast. Monday late afternoon I have a little more flexibility so if 6pm works for central time zonethat would be 4pm pst which works for me .

• parakeetsrule
    parakeetsrule Member Posts: 605
    edited May 2022
    Options

After 6pm Eastern for me! Or something during the day on the weekend would work too.

• cowgal
    edited May 2022
    Options

I am going to try posting in other places so that maybe more people see this. I realize that this is a slow weekend on the boards due to the holiday weekend in the US.

• sadiesservant
    sadiesservant Member Posts: 1,875
    edited May 2022
    Options

Hi Cowgal, I finally decided to pull the plug on work (best decision of my life!) so a new time for Zoom meetings is no longer an issue but would suggest 7:00 Pacific time. I recognize it is late for the East Coast but anything earlier and you bump into typical work hours on the west coast. Weekends would be better of course but I suspect it’s a hard sell for BCO to staff. Perhaps they might consider a less frequent meet up on the weekends?

• cowgal
    edited June 2022
    Options

I have been waiting to see is anyone else wanted to chime in. Personally, the 7 PM Pacific time would be too late for me in the central time zone. Parakeets and other east coasters, what is the latest you would want the meeting to start?

• dancemom
    dancemom Member Posts: 404
    edited June 2022
    Options

I'm not a joiner, but I do wonder about everything always being in the afternoons and evenings. I've noticed it in Red Door too. I wish there were things earlier in the day. I work outside basically 2-7 EST, then have children in the evenings (Mornings i have more flexibility to work from home and go to thousands of dr appointments). The earliest meetings all seem to be when I leave for work- which is also the time many parents prepare for afterschool pickup.

Anyway, I'm not good in meetings, but I did want to throw it out there that maybe parents and non-traditional workers might find an earlier meeting time helpful.

• parakeetsrule
    parakeetsrule Member Posts: 605
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Anytime before midnight. :)
    I recently joined a call with another organization that meets once a month at 8pm EST. Once a week is probably too much for one host to commit to! Maybe biweekly?
  • justmle68
    justmle68 Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2022
    Options

I'm a little late to the party, but anything after 4 pm Pacific. Easier to cut out of work early than mid-day.

• aprilgirl1
    edited June 2022
    Options

justmle68- same for me as I'm on the west coast . I'm available later too but that might be too late for east coast people !

• cowgal
    edited June 2022
    Options

Would 5 PM or 6 PM Pacific time work just as well for you west coasters as 4?

• aprilgirl1
    edited June 2022
    Options

Cowgal, yes - those times would one better for me as a west coaster.

• cowgal
    edited June 2022
    Options

As far as day of the week, Monday and weekends have been mentioned. I realize weekends may be hard to get a moderator plus all of us might be doing weekend activities. Should we try for Monday at either 6 or 6:30 Pacific time for our first choice to see if a moderator can accommodate that?

• sadiesservant
    sadiesservant Member Posts: 1,875
    edited June 2022
    Options

Hi Cowgal, not that it matters as I’m not working now but realized that I messed up in my earlier post. I was suggesting anything after 7 PM Eastern time, not Pacific time. 🙄 Chemo brain.

• cowgal
    edited June 2022
    Options

That's okay! No worries.. I can't believe parakeetsrule could stay up so late! I think that a 6 or 6:30 PM time Pacific might be the "sweet spot" where west coasters have time to get home after work and the rest of us aren't staying up too late. While this meeting is being set up at a time that those of us who can't make it to the other stage 4 Zoom calls can make it, I need to remind people that you don't have to still be working to attend the meeting so sadiesservant and anyone else who would care to join us when we get it set up, you are all most welcome to this group! ;)

• cowgal
    edited June 2022
    Options

If there is no other input on this, I will let mods know that we would like to try Mondays at 6:30 PM Pacific time.

• sf-cakes
    sf-cakes Member Posts: 524
    edited June 2022
    Options

I could do any time from 5PM on a Monday, Pacific Coast time. I'm in California, and am off at 5pm, but still working virtually on Mondays, so would just hop off one computer and onto another!

• cowgal
    edited September 2022
    Options

Just to update everyone. I private messaged the mods back on July 17 on what time and day of the week we wanted the meetings on but I have yet to get a response back.

Sad

• lehrski
    lehrski Member Posts: 68
    edited October 2022
    Options

Any updates on this?

• aprilgirl1
    edited October 2022
    Options

lehrski - thanks for bumping ! I would love to have a zoom for those of us working. Cowgal, Monday anytime from 5- 6:30pm pst still works for me !

• cowgal
    edited October 2022
    Options

I just sent another PM to mods to ask about it again. They never responded to my last inquiry but hopefully, they will see this one.

• kbl
    kbl Member Posts: 2,681
    edited October 2022
    Options

I just read they’re adding a meeting on Tuesdays at 5:30 PT. I’m so happy for those who can join. I hope you get as much out of it as I do.

• cowgal
    edited October 2022
    Options

kbl - Yes! I just got a PM today from mods that they were going to do this and I was going to update the group. Sounds like they have already done this. Can't wait to visit with those of you that will be doing this!

• cowgal
    edited October 2022
    Options

kbl - Where did you read it on here so that for those of us that want to participate can sign up to get the email so we can join? I couldn't find it on here.

• kbl
    edited October 2022
    Options

cowgal, it was in my weekly email for my Zoom meetup.

Here is the link to register.

https://breastcancer-org.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZMvdO-rqj4vHNVjrhdf3RA_BXj63gwIuAs7

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,907
    edited October 2022
    Options

Well everyone, we hired someone who can accommodate this time (already replied to you cowgal).

VIRTUAL MEETUP | For those with a diagnosis of metastatic breast cancer (MBC; also called stage IV)?
    Register: Mondays at 2:00 PM EST, [NEW!] Tuesdays at 8:30 PM EST, and Wednesdays at 4:00 PM EST.

Starts TOMORROW!!

• cowgal
    edited October 2022
    Options

Thanks Mods!

• cowgal
    edited October 2022
    Options

Just wanted to remind people about this new weekly MBC Zoom meeting. We met for the first time last week. What a wonderful group! You don’t have to be someone still in the work force to be apart of this group even though the time was specifically picked to allow those that couldn’t attend the daytime meetings a chance to connect in the evening. See you tomorrow evening!

• cowgal
    edited November 2022
    Options

I didn't get the email yet that we normally get from the mods on the day of the meeting but I show from the schedule that we should be meeting again this evening. I will admit that I have forgotten about making my mandela. Things have been very unpredictable at work lately. I hope to visit with everyone tonight!

• kbl
    edited November 2022
    Options

cowgal, I hope you got to go. Just so you know, you can usually go back to the last email and click the link. It’sthe same every week.

• aprilgirl1
    edited November 2022
    Options

Cowgal - my daughter came to visit from out of state and we went on a family hike and are heading to dinner so I can't make the zoom this week . I'm leaving town this weekend to visit my parents for a few daysso can't make next week either - see you in 2 weeks !