Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Belly bulge after diep revision surgery

Options
Farmerswife
Farmerswife Member Posts: 9

Has anyone experienced a belly bulge after diep surgery? I had stage 2 revision surgery the end of April and recently noticed a bulge the size of my thumb below my bellybutton and incision. It’s not painful, it’s soft. I sent pictures of it to my plastics and they said it looked like fluid collection and to come in And they’d look at it. I got there and they said it did not look or feel like a fluid collection but could be a diastasis. So tomorrow I’m having a Ct scan. The closer I get to the scan the more nervous I get that this is a tumor. I don’t think my bulge looks like typical diastasis pictures I’ve looked at and no one really seems to think it’s a hernia either. Anyone had just a bulge after diep surgery? What was it and how was it treated?

Thanks for your reply

Comments

• Farmerswife
    edited June 2022
    Options

Anybody have experience with this? I can’t be the only one

• jrnj
    jrnj Member Posts: 407
    edited June 2022
    Options

Farmers wife, there are a lot of discussions about this on the Facebook page DIEP Flap support group.

• Farmerswife
    edited June 2022
    Options

Hey jrnj,

Thank you for your response. When you said Facebook do you mean just join a Facebook group or does breastcancer.org have its own Facebook page?

• jrnj
    jrnj Member Posts: 407
    edited June 2022
    Options

The name of the Facebook group is DIEP flap support group. It is not affiliated with this site. Hope your problem gets resolved without too much trouble.