Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Dimple that led to biopsy

mvr168
mvr168 Member Posts: 8
edited November 2022 in Waiting for Test Results

I had the smallest dimple barely noticeable so I went to the walk-in ( I have no gp). I ended up seeing a physicians assistant who i don't think had ever done a breast exam as it was not at all a thorough exam. I requested a mammogram and followed up after hearing nothing. Turns out the referral was sent to the wrong place! I finally got one a few weeks later. Mammogram results were normal but due to very dense tissue I was scheduled an ultrasound just to be thorough I was told. Another 5 weeks past and at the ultrasound they ended up doing 3 core biopsies. Needless to say I was shocked! I'm very worried as the biopsy was close to the indentation. Also as a side note my dog always always smells that area when I have held him for the last several months and that also encouraged me to pursue this; yes I realize that sounds crazy lol. I may have rescued him but he just may save me ❤️. So now the dreaded wait 😔.

Comments

• rah2464
    rah2464 Member Posts: 1,192
    edited June 2022

MVR I hope your sweet doggie's nose is wrong just this one time. It isn't crazy to connect with your pet in that way - for me it was my little black cat - well along with other symptoms.

So glad you have pursued proper imaging and been your own advocate in the follow up. Sending you all my best for a benign result.

• sarahmaude
    sarahmaude Member Posts: 343
    edited June 2022

Pets are so amazing for being able to point out differences! I hope what he noticed is benign. I am glad you got the testing you need to find out what’s going on with you!

• mvr168
    edited June 2022

Thank you for the kind words. The waiting is driving me crazy but I am trying to stay positive

• janewhite
    janewhite Member Posts: 49
    edited June 2022

First, I'm glad you got the appropriate tests. Second, remember that most biopsies are benign. It's also possible that there's something wrong that isn't cancer, like maybe a little spot of infection.

Do you know when you will find out the test results?

• mvr168
    edited June 2022

@janewhite I was told 10 days by the radiologist but the aftercare papers for the biopsy said 7-10; it’s been 7 days today. The crappy thing I saw that the results are going to a walk-in dr that I haven’t ever even seen. My excellent GP took early retiremen due to Covid

• mvr168
    edited June 2022

I got my results yesterday and the biopsies were benign. The radiologist made a note that I have extremely dense tissue and breast MRI’s should be done to keep an eye on an tissue changes as opposed to mammograms. The don’t offer 3D mammogram where I live

• alicebastable
    alicebastable Member Posts: 1,946
    edited June 2022

So great to hear your news!

• kittykat444
    kittykat444 Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2022

Did you have cancer?? I’m 21 and I have den in my breast as well as a lump and i’m petrified. i can’t sleep or eat

• mvr168
    edited November 2022

Hi kittykat444. I did not end up having breast cancer. I totally know how you are feeling and it so incredibly scary. I immediately thought the worst. Its hard but try to stay positive because you don't know anything yet. I did end up having a benign mass that was causing the dent and most masses are benign. One thing I will say though is be sure to advocate for yourself. My mammogram showed nothing due to dense tissue I have, the ultrasound did show the lump but even the radiologist said I need MRI's moving forward due to dense and fibrous tissue. If I didn't listen to myself and not just trust the clear mammogram things could have been bad and now I will get the proper scans I need. Let me know how it goes and I will keep you in my thoughts wishing the best for you.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,558
    edited November 2022

kittykat444, we suggest you get it checked out, and see what's going on. Most lumps are benign (not cancer). Please know we're here for you.