Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Radiation Induced Morphea of the Breast

Options

hi everyone!!!

last fall I was dx'd with radiation induced Morphea 8.5 years after my last treatment. I am currently seeing a radiation oncologist, who has only seen this twice in 20+ years. It is fairly rare and because it is, there are not any tried and true treatment options. I think this may be because a lot of us are living longer after treatment. (Which is a good thing!!)

My morphea has a cycle. My skin in the lower half of my breast & about two inches below the breast feels like it has a bad sunburn. Kinda like when we first were treated. Then the skin will bubble up and peel, again, just like a sunburn. Once it peels the skin underneath is highly sensitive and painful. Or I could end up with open lesions that take a couple weeks to heal. Then the cycle starts again. The whole thing is terribly painful. Much worse than the original treatment. I cannot wear a bra. I wear a sports bra with large bandages if I need to go out. I have had breast cancer 3 times, I have chemo induced heart failure and now this!! Anyone have morphea, to??? Looking for any tips on how to live more comfortably.

Comments

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,989
    edited July 2022
    Options

Hi Rockergirl15 and thank you for your post. We are so sorry that you find yourself here under such harsh circumstances. We are glad that you came here for support and are happy to help. We hope this post will get you the information you are looking for. If not please reach out and let us know so that we can help!

Hang in there!

--The Mods

• rockergirl15
    rockergirl15 Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2022
    Options

thank you, mods!