Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Tingling foot and tightness and swelling in lower leg

Options
jankw
jankw Member Posts: 3
edited August 2022 in Lymphedema

Hi

I had a lumpectomy, intraoperative radiotherapy and senital lymph node biopsy 2 weeks ago. Now I have tightening and tingling in my foot and a swelling on my lower leg on the side I was operated on. I had to lie in bed for 24 hours after the op and I'm wondering if this is all connected to the operation and if so is it potentially serious. I'm walking everyday but do sit for long periods.

Comments

• rah2464
    rah2464 Member Posts: 1,192
    edited July 2022
    Options

Jankw I would connect with my medical doctor on this one just to make sure you don't have any serious complication going on. I was thinking perhaps a blood clot concern because of the swelling, but that could also be your walking activity. Best to get things checked out.

• jankw
    jankw Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2022
    Options

Thank you rah2464. I have an appointment on Wednesday with my surgeon re results of the in-depth analysis of my sentinel biopsy. I will mention it then if it hasn't resolved itself. Take care x

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,900
    edited July 2022
    Options

Dear jankw,

Welcome to you. We are very glad that you found us and reached out to our members with your concerns. We concur with rah2464 that a consult with your surgeon about this swelling would be best. It looks like you have an upcoming appointment. Keep us posted on what you learn and how we can be of assistance to you here in the community.

The Mods

• sarahmaude
    sarahmaude Member Posts: 336
    edited July 2022
    Options

I don’t want to alarm you, but I ended up with a deep vein thrombosis following my breast MRI at the IV site. If you were my sister I’d tell you to call the 24 hour service to the surgeon or to even go to the emergency department to rule out a blood clot. Post surgery, these are not uncommon. The good thing is there are great meds that will resolve the clot, and since your would (like mine) be considered provoked, you would not have to take these meds for a long time. I was able to end mine after 4 months.

The danger with DVT is a piece of the clot traveling to your lungs then heart or brain. Let us know what you find out. I would not wait until Wednesday to call.

• ratherbesailing
    ratherbesailing Member Posts: 118
    edited July 2022
    Options

I echo sarahmaude. Best to get it checked out sooner. And do let us know how you're doing...

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,900
    edited August 2022
    Options

jankw,

We're just checking in on you to see how your appointment went today. Please do let us know what you've found out or if your issue has resolved.

Thinking of you!

--The Mods