Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Post mastectomy drain problem

Options
happyhiker1
happyhiker1 Member Posts: 26

My mastectomy was the day before yesterday and already yesterday the drain seems to have blocked.

Went to clinic this a.m. but nurse not sure she solved the problem so may have to go to hospital emergency and wait 10 hrs to see someone with ability to get drain unblocked. Has anyone else experienced this?? When I left hospital no one mentioned this could happen.

Comments

• rah2464
    rah2464 Member Posts: 1,192
    edited July 2022
    Options

Ugh Happyhiker I hope it resolves without having the extra steps. I did not have this problem but I do know it can occur. Just sending my sympathies for the stress, anxiety, and exhaustion all that causes. Hope you get some relief quickly.

• happyhiker1
    happyhiker1 Member Posts: 26
    edited July 2022
    Options

Thanks rah2462 for your commisseration! On another site someone directed me to a video link that really helped understand and cope with the drain, so I am indicating it here for anyone else, maybe it is already posted somewhere on this site. After following some of the video recommendations, I think I have resolved the blockage problem, again thanks! :

bit.ly/breastdraincarevideo

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 4,755
    edited July 2022
    Options

bit.ly/breastdraincarevideo

Live lin