Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Flexitouch Plus vs Lympha Press Optimal Plus

Options
nnguyen
nnguyen Member Posts: 52
edited August 2022 in Lymphedema

Hello,

Does anyone have any comment on "Flexitouch Plus" vs "Lympha Press Optimal Plus" sequential compression pump?

Thanks.

ps: Comparing the two older (a guess based on publication date 2007) models of both brands. Though perhaps old models, useful to read.

Interface Pressures Produced by Two Different Types of Lymphedema Therapy Devices

https://academic.oup.com/ptj/article/87/10/1379/27...

Click on "pdf" symbol to download the whole paper.

Comments

• rah2464
    rah2464 Member Posts: 1,192
    edited August 2022
    Options

nnguyen that is an interesting read. Thanks for posting. I have the Flexitouch plus and the addition of the truncal clearing was a game changer for me. It is a standard part of my arsenal along with self massage and monthly visits to my lymphatic massage therapist.

I did read with interest the commentary about pressure levels. There are times when I feel the compression with the flexitouch is a little too much on my arm (I am very thin and have no fibrosis to speak of just swelling). I do wish there was a way to adjust that level by segment down further.

• nnguyen
    nnguyen Member Posts: 52
    edited August 2022
    Options

According to the FlexiTouch Optimal Plus manual, pressure can be adjusted.

"...

2.2 Programmed Pressure Levels Programmed pressure levels in each of the air chambers are based on physiological principles of how lymph fluid moves through the system. Your healthcare provider will determine what individual programs are appropriate for you. In certain medical circumstances, your healthcare provider may wish to increase or decrease the
    pressure settings. The Flexitouch Plus controller unit allows for

selection of INCREASED, NORMAL or DECREASED pressure settings.

If additional pressure adjustment is needed, individual treatment

segments may be adjusted manually.

NOTE:
    Please consult with your healthcare provider before changing the
    pressure sett
    ing..."

https://tactilemedical.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/500420-000K_Flexitouch-PLUS-User-Guide-G3_Final_041322.pdf