Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

15 years since diagnosis (de novo, oligometastatic)!

heidihill
heidihill Member Posts: 1,856

Sharing some news here. I responded to treatment with a complete remission and have been NED since 2008 although there is a spot they are monitoring on my left lung as first seen on my last scan (October 2021). I am still off the cancer meds and the spot hasn't grown so I'll continue to call myself NED. Of course, stable might be a more accurate word.

In any case I'm doing very well, having fun, even though the world seems crazy. The winter may be miserable here in an energy-deficient Europe: we're told to buy candles and wood in preparation! DH and I may have to become snowbirds when he retires in January.

Comments

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,811

What a wonderful post, heidihill, so inspiring! Thank you for the reminder that there is always hope!

Best wishes for many, many more years of happiness and health to you!

The Mods

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 4,690

Heidihill,

Congratulations! May you have many more years of good health 😊

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 4,690

Heidihill,

Congratulations! May you have many more years of good health 😊

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 46,835

Congratulations, Heidihill!!! So glad to hear from you and that you are doing well!!

Heart

• Partyoffive
    Partyoffive Member Posts: 53

hi Heidihil

Congrats on your continued good health and hope it lasts many many more! I'm a little over 9yrs but not NED but still here and living life!

Kristin

• elderberry
    elderberry Member Posts: 1,053

Heidihill: the sound of me clapping vigorously!!! May you continue dancing with Lt Ned. Where are you in Europe? Far away enough from Ukraine when there is a leak at the nuclear plant? I need to stop being a news junkie. Maybe go cold turkey. Our snowbirds in Canada all went to Florida. I wouldn't go there - ever - as long as they continue to be so politically insane. Spain?

• olma61
    olma61 Member Posts: 1,016

great to hear, congratulations 🎊 keep on dancing

• dancemom
    dancemom Member Posts: 404

heidihill. Yay😁

• aprilgirl1
    aprilgirl1 Member Posts: 750

Congratulations, HeidiHill! Thank you for sharing this fantastic news :)

• anotherone
    anotherone Member Posts: 542

well done , heidihill ! Xxx

• heidihill
    heidihill Member Posts: 1,856

Elderberry, I am in Switzerland. The Chernobyl incident in 1986 did bring radioactive clouds to us but the average exposure of the population was fairly limited although long lasting (half life of 30 years). So yes, the Swiss are a bit worried. Spain sounds good. I could do the Camino de Santiago, which is still on my bucket list. Noting Kierkegaard, "If one just keeps on walking, everything will be all right." (Thanks for the quote, Olma)

• divinemrsm
    divinemrsm Member Posts: 5,973

Heidihill, what a great milestone, 15 years. Impressive that you are currently off cancer meds. Amazing to be stable for so long! So happy for you and always nice “hearing" from you!

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,551

Nice to see you again Heidihill (the stageV fitness thread being far less active than it used to be). Big congrats on NED/stable for so long. I wish you continued luck and a trouble free winter.

• snow-drop
    snow-drop Member Posts: 517

congratulations Heidi and thank for sharing this inspirational moment with us 🤗💐 I like how your screen name describes your energy running around the Alps!