Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...
What part of day-to-day life during your breast cancer experience has been most challenging for you? Take our poll.

Hysterectomy revealed additional mets in ovaries

Asparagus
Asparagus Member Posts: 2

Long time lurker here - can't tell you guys how much I appreciate following along on this journey.

Bone mets were found in 2021, so I was on Verzino until I could no longer tolerate it, and then Ibrance since January 2022. I went in last week for a hysterectomy in order to stop taking the awful shots in my stomach to suppress my ovaries. Upon reading the pathology report, it appears there was "evidence of extensive metastatic disease" in both ovaries.

I will see my surgeon and my oncologist at the end of the week, but of course I am worried this will mean new or harsher treatments in my future. Also there is little out there on the internet about mets to ovaries - almost seems like they all reference the same study.

Does anyone have any experience like this in their history or know anyone that has had something similar? Thanks in advance for any help.

Comments

• cookie54
    cookie54 Member Posts: 802
    edited August 2022

Hi asparagus, I’m very sorry to hear that you are now dealing with ovarian mets. I’m sorry I don’t have any information to help you. I just wanted to wish you luck with your upcoming appointments and lend support. You are always welcome here as all these ladies are a fabulous support system! Hug

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,417
    edited August 2022

Dear asparagus, we're so sorry you got such unwelcome news, but glad you decided to reach out to our members. As you already know, there is plenty of support on the boards, and this amazing community is here to help you. Please, come back to let us know how your appointments with surgeon and oncologist go. Sending you warm cyberhugs and best wishes that your next treatment works for you. You are in our thoughts!

The Mods

• Asparagus
    Asparagus Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2022

Thanks to you both - I most definitely will update after my appointments.

• jobur
    jobur Member Posts: 493
    edited August 2022

Hi aspargus

My situation is not the same as yours, but after 8 years of MBC with mets to bone and liver, my last 2 PET scans showed activity in left ovary. My mo did not seem concerned about this new met, but it kind of scared the hell out of me, particularly when she said they would not do surgery to remove it. My clinic's attitude seems to be mets are mets and treatment remains systemic. Rads are used only for pain control. I will be very interested to hear your teams response.

So sorry you are dealing with this and wishing you well.

Jo