Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Decorative/artist tattoo on reconstructed foobs

Options
karen1956
karen1956 Member Posts: 4,503
edited November 2022 in Breast Reconstruction

Are there gals here who have done decorative tattoos on their reconstructed foobs? Every time I see photos of them, they are gorgeous. Through a wonderful organization, I have to privilege of having mine done. I'm 16+ years old from diagnosis - finished radiation 16 years ago this week. Finally at my senior age, I love (most days) how my body looks and see this as an opportunity to enhance the beauty of my foobs. I'm very fortunate that my PS did an amazing job. For those who have had it done, would you share photos? Only photos of the decorative part - no faces etc as I want to respect your privacy. TIA

Comments

• karen1956
    edited October 2022
    Options

Bump - still looking for responses. If you are not comfortable sharing photos, I get it - but sharing stories would be great.

• serendipity09
    serendipity09 Member Posts: 769
    edited October 2022
    Options
  • karen1956
    edited October 2022
    Options

Serendipity09 - thanks. I only saw one, it is beautiful one. I meet with the artist in 2 week.

• serendipity09
    edited October 2022
    Options

Karen - Well, maybe this thread will take off. Not sure why I thought there was more on that thread, sorry.

Let me know how your meeting goes. I've seen some beautiful tattoos (in person) and am on the fence. I can't do anything until next summer, so I have some time.

• karen1956
    edited October 2022
    Options

Serendipity - I will definitely keep you posted. I'm nervous yet excited!!

• serendipity09
    edited October 2022
    Options

I'm excited for you Karen!! :)

• karen1956
    edited November 2022
    Options

Serendipity - One side was completed yesterday. It is absolutely gorgeous. The other side will be done 12/01. I will message you a photo.

• serendipity09
    edited November 2022
    Options

Karen- How exciting!! So happy that you love it!! Cannot wait to see it!!

{Hugs}

• karen1956
    Options

Serendipity - had the prophy side done a month after the BC side. The artist did an amazing job. They are beautiful. I will try to post a photo of just the artwork, but I'll have to do it from my phone as the photos aren't showing up on my computer

• serendipity09
    Options

Hi Karen! Can't wait to see it. I met with my tattoo artist last week. I showed him somethings I like and explained some things I'd like incorporated. He'll start working on sketching something out. I'm having surgery on the 15th, if I don't need another surgery, the PS said that I'd be ok to get tattoo started by the end of Summer/beginning of Fall.

Hugs to you

• karen1956
    Options

Couldn't get my pictures to post from the computer. will try to remember to do from my phone.