Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

UK question - what cream to use during radiotherapy and how?

Options
abigailj
abigailj Member Posts: 101

A friend in the UK had a UMX without reconstruction a few weeks ago and will be having several weeks of radiotherapy/radiation treatment shortly. She doesn't use any social media tools so asking this on her behalf.

I never had radiation, just surgery for my BC but remember reading that there is a cream to use during that treatment to soothe the skin, help prevent burn damage (not to mention pain?). So, I'd appreciate it if someone in the UK who knows about this could please tell me the name of a product that was effective for them (which I can hopefully order for her on Amazon UK) And also advise on when should she use it - do you use anything before you get a treatment? After a treatment (how long after)? Sorry for being clueless, appreciate any info you can provide on this.

Thank you - Abigail

Comments

• threetree
    threetree Member Posts: 1,308
    edited September 2022
    Options

Calendula cream. I also started to use a boswellia (frankincense) cream later in the sessions in addition to the calendula, and I had very mild redness and no other problems.

• abigailj
    abigailj Member Posts: 101
    edited September 2022
    Options

thank you threetree.

• threetree
    threetree Member Posts: 1,308
    edited September 2022
    Options

You are quite welcome, Abigail.