Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Chest wall metastasis?

About a week ago I started having tenderness in one area of my right breast. The tenderness is deep so I have to push on it to feel it. At first I attributed it to upper body light weights but it’s not getting better. I have extensive scar tissue from surgery but that’s not what is tender. I also notice when I bend forward I get a heavy sensation which is definitely not normal for me because I have small breasts. I am 70, so it’s not hormonal changes.

I would think if it was a strained muscle it would have diminished. It’s not getting worse but it’s not getting better. So I’m wondering if this sounds like metastasis to the chest wall. I had DCIS 8 years ago and it was close to the chest wall.

I wanted an ultrasound but the practice says I have to have a mammogram first. This is frustrating for me because I have extremely dense breasts and from what I’ve read ultrasound is a better method for this condition. I just had a mammogram in July which was okay. I have the mammogram tomorrow.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this? I would greatly appreciate about anyone else’s experience. I’m a basket case.

Thanks!

Comments

• parakeetsrule
    parakeetsrule Member Posts: 605
    edited September 2022
    I'm sorry you're dealing with this! Hopefully you can get some answers soon. It's normal to start with a mammogram and then move on to other scans if necessary. It might be annoying but it helps them get a good overview to start with.
  • alicebastable
    alicebastable Member Posts: 1,934
    edited September 2022

I'm a few years older than you, and I get sensations like that. The best I can figure is it's gravitational pull on tissue.

• lita19901
    lita19901 Member Posts: 176
    edited September 2022

Thank you so much for responding - it’s good to know that other doctors follow the same plan. My MO moved and I was assigned to a new guy who is really difficult to get information out of

• lita19901
    lita19901 Member Posts: 176
    edited September 2022

Good to know it’s not just me! Thank you so much