Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

​TAXOL- Ive been on for 10 months, has anyone been on longer?

ninaca
ninaca Member Posts: 228

Hi, My doc thinks since I am stable, and I should leave Taxol (2 weeks on one week off) and go on something else when I stop being stable (probably Enhertu) since Neuropathy will only get worse on Taxol. I'm afraid to go off of Taxol since it has put me into "stable". Markers are going up slightly, every 3 weeks. How long has anyone been on Taxol without affecting qualify of life to where you felt like you had to switch? I'm MBC/ LBC, to peritoneal area and liver, no activity at moment on PET. THANKS

Comments

• shazzakelly
    shazzakelly Member Posts: 620
    edited October 2022

I was on weekly taxol for 4 years straight. I had a dose reduction fairly early on and no issues with Neuropathy. I eventually moved on when I finally had some progression. No other drug has been as successful for me, I worked full time throughout and lead a completely normal life. At the time I started I had Mets to bones, lungs, kidneys, thyroid, ovaries and uterus. Taxol cleared all my soft tissue Mets and I was bones only for a long time after.

• ninaca
    ninaca Member Posts: 228
    edited October 2022

Hi Shazzakelly, How great that you were able to tolerate weekly taxol for 4 years. I'm soft tissue only still. I do have neuropathy that is beginning to get worse. Were there any side effects that you did have from the Taxol? Not sure what else to expect, or worry about if I continue. What did you go on after Taxol failed?

thanks, Nina )

• shazzakelly
    shazzakelly Member Posts: 620
    edited October 2022

I didn’t really have any real side effects. I guess I was lucky. This was a few years ago. I moved on to letrozole after that and got 3 years out of that. Nothing since then has worked nearly as well. I’m in New Zealand so we don’t have the same options as you do.