Need advice on radiation decision
My mom, 75 y/o, was diagnosed with invasive ductal carcinoma Grade 1. She did a lumpectomy and decided against dissecting her sentinel nodes.
Now we have a dilemma of whether to do: 1) radiation on a full breast only OR 2) full breast including axillary nodes OR 3) just a small part of the breast where the cancer was found.
Also, the radiologist said the treatment can be a 5 or 6 weeks course. We are stuck and not sure what to do. Hoping that you can provide some suggestions and ideas!
A few stats from the operating report:
* left breast mass, 2:00, 7cm from nipple
* modified Bloom and Richardson score 5 of 9
* Size of invasive carcinoma: 1.9cm. Size of DCIS: spans 2.2cm.
* HER2 : negative
* ER >95%; PR 60%
* Ki-67: 20%
* BRCA: negative
* The doctor said Oncotype is good but didn't give the number.
* The lymph nodes were not dissected/checked during the lumpectomy.
Thank you so much! Appreciate your time and help.