Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

New lump, dent and anxiety

Options
coffeemugsc08
coffeemugsc08 Member Posts: 2
edited November 2022 in Not Diagnosed But Worried

Hello all,

I am 28 y/o female with a 2 year old. In the winter of 2019/2020, I was sent to get a breast ultrasound as I had lumps in my left breast. After the ultrasound, I had to get a biopsy of the largest one to rule out a phyllodes tumor. Results came back benign fibroadenoma, yay! They explained that they are benign and do not increase my risk of breast cancer. I then began a cycle of 6 month checkups just to make sure things remain stable.

Since then, I've been twice more for imaging on my left breast. Once was a checkup on the same group of fibroadenomas (the largest one slightly got smaller, and a few were lactating as i was breast feeding), and the second time this summer as I found more round rubbery lumps on the opposite side of the left breast. All 6 lumps' imagining pointed to fibroadenomas in the one breast.

But because of this pattern, I make it a habit to do SBE at LEAST once a month, so I am very familiar with the look and feel of my breasts. At the beginning of Oct, while doing my monthly exam, I found a lump on my right breast for the first time. It is hard, not rubbery like the others, and not exactly round. Feels more attached, than free floating. Being that I've had experience with the line of questions the doctors would ask, I knew to wait at least two weeks to see if it changed with my cycle. Within those two weeks, I began to notice the slight indent right around the site of the lump. Not peau d'orange, but like a thumb print. And no change in the size/tenderness of the lump.

After my exam from my Gyno, I have been scheduled an ultrasound next Friday, the 28th. But I was wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience? Possibly a fibroadenoma that is closer to the chest wall? Or causes indents/dimpling? Normally I find imaging to be reassuring and a time for clarity but this time I am very nervous and can't get over this sense that something is not right this time.

Comments

• parakeetsrule
    parakeetsrule Member Posts: 605
    edited October 2022
    Options

You did a good job of monitoring and identifying something new, and it's good that they are taking it seriously. We've all felt this anxiety and there's not much you can do about it except wait and try to distract yourself with fun things. Hopefully it turns out to be nothing again!

• coffeemugsc08
    coffeemugsc08 Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2022
    Options

Thank you - it really does mean a lot! I get through the days totally fine (currently celebrating the Phillies going to the World Series, woo!). But then there are moments, like when I shower, that I feel the lump and am reminded of it. They were not kidding when they say the waiting is always the hardest part. Only 4 more days until I *hopefully* can get good news and clear my mind!

• kotchaj
    kotchaj Member Posts: 210
    edited October 2022
    Options

Crossing fingers and toes that all goes well. My favorite saying anymore is, "when one door closes, another one opens, but sometimes it's HELL in the hallway!" Just a few more days. Parakeetsrule has it right, try to keep yourself as distracted as you can to get through these next few days until you can get it ruled out.

• skywoman1
    skywoman1 Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2022
    Options

I made a similar finding and am awaiting more tests. The waiting is horrible.