Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Bump over TE

Options
owalsh
owalsh Member Posts: 3
edited October 2022 in Breast Reconstruction

Hi everyone. I had a DMX about two months ago and had my final fill last week. Day after the fill I noticed two pimple like bumps (sort of looked like in grown hairs) next to each other and when you touch it it feels hard (almost like plastic). Saw the nurse today and she thinks it's likely the expander but wants an ultrasound. Anyone else experience anything like this? Is it the expander creased or a left over hemoclip that was pushed forward after this last fill?? Thanks so much for any Intel

Comments

• serendipity09
    serendipity09 Member Posts: 769
    edited October 2022
    Options

Owalsh - Hopefully it's nothing, especially because there are two, but it's wise to have it checked out. I was 5 months out from my BMX when I found a blemish that looked like a pimple/ingrown hair. My MO, BS and even the PS all ruled it out as a just a blemish. They kept an eye on it and it did not change and all my labs were normal. 6 months later when I had my exchange to implants, that blemish was biopsied and was malignant. I was so angry for not having advocated for myself better. I ended up having to do 5 weeks of radiation and another 6 months of Xeloda (oral chemo). Had it been determined prior to having had the exchange I could've done radiation before my exchange and avoided the radiation causing problems to my implant (I just had them removed 9 weeks ago and had a DIEP)

I promise I don't tell you this to scare you, I tell you because you asked.

Be sure to advocate for yourself.

Please come back and let me know what happens.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

I pray everything goes well, which I believe it will. {Hugs}