Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

HER2+ MBC. Anyone 5 years out?

Options
peoy
peoy Member Posts: 48

My name is Peoy. Singapore Chinese. Dx Oct 2022 with 8 sclerotic bone mets from T8 to pelvis and lymph nodes.

My cancer cells have morphed: ER80%+ to 5%+. PR+ to -. Her2+ remained 3+. Just started Taxol+Herceptin+Perjeta. Xgeva mthly.

My MO said median prognosis is 57mths.

I also hope to discuss HER2+ MBC treatment lines. MO highlighted 4 treatment lines. THP being 1st treatment line.

Comments

• parakeetsrule
    parakeetsrule Member Posts: 605
    Options
    Hi! You may have better luck joining the conversation in the Bone Mets thread: https://community.breastcancer.org/forum/8/topics/789492
  • olma61
    olma61 Member Posts: 1,016
    Options

Hi peoy, I am 5 years and two months from diagnosis with HER2++ StageIV deNovo. I am still on the first line treatment PHESGO which is Herceptin & Perjeta in the subcutaneous injectable form. My Taxol was stopped after the firstsix months when I got a stable (almost NED) scan. I have been NED for three years straight after having radiation to the bone in 2019. A lot of people do have a complete clinical response to the initial THP treatment, wish you the best of luck with it

• peoy
    peoy Member Posts: 48
    Options

Hi Olma

Thank you for your encouraging response.

I too use PHESGO. After just 1 dose of THP, my 7.5cm lump in collarbone has reduced in size significantly. Hoping that THP will continue to do wonders.

• olma61
    olma61 Member Posts: 1,016
    Options

That is good news, that was the most exciting thing for me, I had a palpable lump in my breast and it got smaller every week until I couldn’t find it anymore! If you are looking for hope, here is a video featuring one of the women from the original Herceptin trial, who had chemo resistant tumors in her liver at the time and had no treatment options left when she got on the trial. Not only is she still alive after all these years, she was able to stop Herceptin and remain in remission. Not all of us are this lucky but not all of us are dead in 57 months either —-

https://youtu.be/QFXVprOlu84

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,572
    Options

Hi peoy, it’ll be 6 years for me next week with a single bone met and several in my brain over the years. THP was my 1st line too but I had Abraxane instead of taxotere due to extreme allergy, then switched to Herceptin, Xeloda, Tukysa a couple years ago for the brain but it didn’t help much. Now I’m on Enhertu with great results so far. The side effects have been hard but I’m generally doing well.