Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Screening and Diagnostic reports

Options
amandarpi
amandarpi Member Posts: 2
edited February 2023 in Not Diagnosed But Worried

I am going to try to get both reports in here:

INITIAL SCAN

SCREENING MAMMOGRAPHY

CLINICAL INFORMATION: Routine screening

Technical information: Mediolateral oblique and craniocaudad views. Tomosynthesis evaluation. Computer assisted

detection.

COMPARISON: Baseline exam.

Gail Model 5-year Breast Cancer Risk: Not available%

NCI Model Lifetime Breast Cancer Risk: Not available%

BREAST DENSITY: Heterogeneously dense which may obscure small masses.

FINDINGS:

6 mm mm mass in the anterior upper and outer right breast with the epicenter 4.5 cm from the nipple. Peripheral

spiculation.

No other remarkable findings within either breast.

IMPRESSION: Suspicious mass in the upper outer anterior right breast.

BI-RADS Category 0: Incomplete - Needs Additional Imaging Evaluation

Recommendation: Spot compression views of the right breast and right breast ultrasound

DIAGNOSTIC SCANS

UNILATERAL RIGHT DIAGNOSTIC MAMMOGRAM: Diagnostic mammographic views in craniocaudal and mediolateral oblique projections and low dose 2-D & 3-D Digital Breast Tomosynthesis views were obtained of the left breast. Findings: Again apparent is an area of architectural distortion with suggestion of an internal mass measuring 7 mm diameter. This is located in the upper outer quadrant of the right breast approximately 5 cm from the nipple. ULTRASOUND: Diagnostic grayscale ultrasound with color-flow Doppler was used for evaluation of the right breast including all 4 quadrants, the retroareolar region, and the axilla. At 11:00 and 4 cm from the nipple was a hypoechoic mass with a few internal echoes. This is a solid mass with less than optimally defined margins and measuring approximately 5 x 6 mm. No evidence of abnormal lymph nodes in the axilla. Impression: Suspicious mammographic and ultrasound findings for which ultrasound-guided breast biopsy is recommended. This is in the right breast at 11:00 and 4 to 5 cm from the nipple. Dr. Winters personally spoke with this patient at the conclusion of her studies today. BI-RADS Category 4: Suspicious Abnormality - Biopsy Should Be Considered We are required to provide the following information to you from the "Breast Density Notification Act in Pennsylvania ": This notice contains the results of your recent mammogram, including information about breast density. If your mammogram shows that your breast tissue is dense, you should know that dense breast tissue is a common finding and is not abnormal. Statistics show many women could have dense or highly dense breasts. Dense breast tissue can make it harder to find cancer on a mammogram and may be associated with an increased risk of cancer. This information about the result of your mammogram is given to you to raise your awareness and to inform your conversations with your physician. Together, you can decide which screening options are right for you based on your mammogram results, individual risk factors or physical examination. A report of your results was sent to the physician. BI-RADS assessment and recommendations for follow up are entered electronically into a system where the patient will be reminded when it is time to schedule their next appointment if applicable. Ultrasound Report The digitally acquired mammographic images were reviewed by the R2 Image Checker v9.3, and the results were utilized by the physician as part of the interpretive process. ***** Final *****

I guess overall Im wondering if its MORE LIKELY that I have cancer, I wasnt sure if peripheral spiculation made a difference or not vs just saying spiculation but they did show me something on the US when they did the core biopsy that was either an ill defined border or spiculation, I cant remember which was said. I see the doctor wednesday but I like to go by a prepare for the worst and hope for the best

Comments

• maggie15
    maggie15 Member Posts: 864
    Options

amandarpi, Birads 4 means anywhere from a 2 - 95% chance of malignancy, not very informative, with the majority of biopsies turning out to be something other than cancer. The actual ultrasound image is not definitive. Waiting for the results is hard but your attitude is the most helpful one to have. Best wishes for benign!

• amandarpi
    amandarpi Member Posts: 2
    Options

I wasnt given a letter rating but from what I gathered the spiculation (fuzzy margins was noted on the biposy notes) and architectural distortion would sling me over to the higher end of probability . Some of the links in forums here seem to indicate that too. But I wasnt sure if the peripheral spiculation/fuzzy margins meant something different than flat out spiculation or not. still crossing my fingers, I tend to walk on the rare side medically so maybe that will work to my advantage this time.

• concernedaboutresults
    Options

Hi Amandarpi. I wish they would always distinguish the letter ratings on BIRADS 4. Maybe they aren't able to see the distinctions to classify them more specifically at times. Mine was BIRADS 4c based on the height vs. length differences, and my mass had jagged edges. He told me something about the shading, but that has faded in my memory. When the radiologist came in to talk to me, he pulled it up on the US machine and showed me while he talked to me. He told me my risk was > 50% with a 4c rating. I think I understood that you had a biopsy already. It took about a week for me to get my biopsy results. Did they indicate how long before you would get yours?