Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Pathology

Options
loverofjesus
loverofjesus Member Posts: 174

Can someone explain this to me in layman’s terms???
I know they got good clean margins and found nothing in my lymph nodes when I had my DMX. And I had chemo before surgery. It has been a while since surgery I was just reading this and trying to understand

Does this mean no viable tumor was left even though there was tumor left Meaning was it dead and non active?

CAM 5.2 keratin stains are performed on blocks B1, B3, B6, B12 and B16 to evaluate the extent of tumor. AE1/AE3 and CAM 5.2 keratin stains

are performed on the sentinel node blocks. These stains from the primary tumor and quadrants show a scattering of individual tumor

cells consistent with lobular carcinoma extending across a broad area and involving more than 1 quadrant. The grossly visible firm area in the center of the breast measures at least 5 cm in dimension and sections taken from this area show tumor in all areas. Thus, the tumor is felt to represent at least a 5 cm primary mass and is probably larger. In the first axillary sentinel lymph node specimen

(C) there is an area of scarring consistent with prior tumor with treatment effect.
No residual viable tumor is seen on H&E or AE1/AE3 and CAM 5.2 keratin stains.

Thank you all in advance

LoverofJesu