Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

The wait begins...lumps between breast & collarbone

Options
kr124
kr124 Member Posts: 8
edited February 2023 in Waiting for Test Results

Scans scheduled for next week, already told will likely also be biopsied. When I saw the lump last week had no idea it could be associated to breast cancer. Don't think anyone has ever even looked at or felt this area, even during breast exams. About 1" above the right breast, 2-3" below collarbone. Largest near the sternum (visible part), and can feel it extending towards the armpit. Hard, immovable, no pain. Honestly no idea how long it has been there. Last mammo/Ultrasound had finally determined assymetries on the same side were likely just overlapping tissue after 3 years of monitoring. So anything possibly breast related was just not expected.

But doc says that my breasts are so dense there is a high risk of things being missed, or misdiagnosed. That these lumps are on the same side and quadrant as the assymetries has her very concerned.

Trying to stay calm. Already losing my hair due to severe scalp psoriasis and a major surgery last August. Stressing will only make it worse. But not worrying is easier said than done, as I'm sure everyone here has experienced.

Sending big hugs to everyone 🤗🤗🤗❤❤❤ And saying thank you in advance for prayers and support!

Comments

• kaynotrealname
    kaynotrealname Member Posts: 378
    Options

Sunshine, we encourage humor here, no matter what kind.

Karen, hopefully the fatigue thing will wear off and only last a few days. I take my car in today. The mechanic only almost got bonked on the head.

NM, vacation will be here before you know it. How long will your cousin be there for? You mom will have to go over there if she has stuff there, won't she?

I did a little work outside yesterday, it was so nice. Sunny/65 and hardly no wind. We get the winds here in the spring. Usually around 20 mph, but there are plenty of days it's way over that, especially with the gusts.

DOTD: Bright and Windy

Bright-windy-cocktail-recipe-lucyloves-foodblog

Ice

50ml gin, use your favourite

Juice of half a lime

Ginger beer to top up

Lime wedge garnish

Take your tumbler and add a generous quantity of ice. Pour on the gin then squeeze in the fresh lime juice.

Top the drink up with ginger beer, stir and garnish with a lime wedge. Sip and enjoy.

• maggie15
    maggie15 Member Posts: 868
    Options

mocame, Ebay has been a dud for me. I think people are on vacation.

• cedmch
    cedmch Member Posts: 6
    Options

Some optometrists drive red Yamahas.

VROOM

• kr124
    Options

fredericknp, Do you have breast cancer?

• kr124
    Options

Hello Esther,

You mentioned that your oncologist included High Dose IV Vitamin C in your treatment plan, was this covered under insurance since they prescibed it? Do you mind sharing the name of the Doctor (please feel free to PM me if unwilling to post to the forum).

Thanks for your help.

• lw422
    lw422 Member Posts: 1,399
    Options

wally - I did remember it was critical. Hoping for the best. And yes of course we'd like to hear about the eye doc.

Meatloaf was OK, but I mainly cook it to have on hand for my favorite - meatloaf sandwiches. I pulled the leftover carrots I talked about several weeks ago from the freezer. I need to make that veggy again since it was delicious the first time & leftover & then a third time after freezing the remainder I went ahead and made a fruit salad w/sour cream while dinner was cooking. Instead of canned cherries, I added fresh strawberries. Don't know how they will hold up. Later this week I plan to make Lacey's Cod with Rao's Marinara.

• cedmch
    Options

Keep hanging in there, rahrah!

Karen, hope you are going okay today.

I got a haircut & did a tons of errands today. Zumba & Yoga tonight.

• maggie15
    maggie15 Member Posts: 868
    Options

Here is a link from last fall discussing the SERD Camizestrant (AstraZeneca), which seems to be the only SERD thus far shown to have a statistically significant benefit over Fulvestrant (Faslodex), when tested as monotherapy. Here are some of the key findings from the SERENA-2 trial (which tested patients after one line of endocrine therapy, no prior Fulvestrant allowed, no prior chemo allowed): Although these results are notably better than the other SERDs, there are only two phase III trials ongoing: 1) Camizestrant plus Ibrance for ESR1 mutant cancers; and 2) Camizestrant with CDK4,6 inhibitors for firstline MBC...

• Overall PFS: Camizestrant = 7.7 mos vs Fulvestrant= 3.7 mos
    • PFS in patients with previous CDK4,6i: Camizestrant 5.5 mos, vs Fulvestrant = 3.6 mos
    • PFS in patients with liver or lung mets: Camizestrant 7.2 mos, vs Fulvestrant = 2.0 mos
    • PFS for ESR1 mutant cancers: Camizestrant 6.3 mos, vs Fulvestrant = 2.2 mos
    • PFS for ER-driven cancers: Camizestrant 7.4 mos, (and 12 mos at the higher dose) vs Fulvestrant = 3.2 moshttps://www.onclive.com/view/camizestrant-provides...
  • cedmch
    Options

thank you vry much, yes the larger node is on the same side of my lump, same side on my surgery. It doesnt really hurt, its movable like it flows with my fingers but the size is concerning, considering i had 2 breast lumps yet undiagnosed... My life has been a rollercoaster, 2 yrs ago my grandma died , my uncle died from covid, and 2 of my family from cancer, and this added up. I jst wanna go back to my usual self, my anxiety is just above the roof already. Its crazy when you worry all the time, the future is just so uncertain for everyone and i think i am struggling this alone but after i saw this forum, realized im not the only one dancing to this journey. Been really trying to divert and control my thoughts, i focused more on resting, and spending time with my 3 kids but after a moment i remember i still have this fear of the unknown. scared of what this node could be... In the end i really pray its nothing and that worrying will really do my anything good. The truth is im not so ready yet to face all the things i feared.

• kr124
    Options

Cedmch 🤗🤗🤗 just you few gals responding does wonders for the soul. Sending you lots of hugs and prayers!!!

• alicebastable
    alicebastable Member Posts: 1,940
    Options

If the lump is movable, it could also be a lipoma, a completely benign fatty tumor.

• kr124
    Options

maggie15 - hoping that is the case. Although all the surgical work was much much lower. Those hiatal hernias are no joke. I had both a sliding and a paraesophagal. The para one was putting pressure on my heart and had caused the left lower lobe of my lung to collapse. Had a Nissen Fundoplication. Still struggle to swallow solid foods like red meats or breads.

• kr124
    Options

Hi Alicebastable. Not movable at all. Hard and solid but not painful or even tender (except after I was pressing on it a lot).

• cedmch
    Options

Yes indeed! Thank you so much, i hope everything goes fine for you and to everyone..sending prayers and hugs from miles away. I hope to update you soon on results. Really hope this is nothing. Thank you