Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

X

cozyrad
cozyrad Member Posts: 29

Have

Comments

• mountainmia
    mountainmia Member Posts: 857

Have you actually called your doctor's office yet? Or the radiology office/clinic? I recommend you start with your doctor. Any of our anecdotes are not really going to be helpful. Good luck.

• cozyrad
    cozyrad Member Posts: 29

Of course I've called the doctor's office. She just isn't available for a month (she teaches in addition to practice.,) I haven't been able to talk to a radiologist about the new symptoms yet because I haven't been able to get a new referral since the initial imaging when the mass was discovered, prior to these new skin symptoms. I mention this timeline in the original post.

I'm not expecting medical advice. I am just wondering if anyone else has had these particular symptoms outside of *inflammatory* breast cancer specifically. I don't think that's unreasonable (it looks like it fits the guidelines from the mods in the pinned threads.)

• mountainmia

No offense intended. It wasn't clear to me if the appt in a month was one you already had set up, and you were just going to wait until then, rather than call and ask for a sooner one because of the new symptoms. Pardon me that I wasn't clear about my misunderstanding. I understand your concern.

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 5,250

cozy, I think almost everyone here knows how worrisome this period of time can be as you wait to find out what’s happening. The problem with bc, even IBC, is that symptoms are often variable. Also please remember that those who turn out not to have bc often don’t come back to write that or if they do, that is their last post as there’s little point in hanging around a bc forum when you don’t have bc. Does that make sense? I know you want to find comfort in the stories of others and waiting is awful, but be persistent (Does your doc have a cancellation list?) and patient. Take care

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 5,250

cozy,

No apologies needed, no time wasted. It’s simply that it isn’t likely you’ll get the anecdotes you’re seeking because those who are not dx’ed don’t come back here. I wouldn’t either if I didn’t have bc ☺️. Take car

• mountainmia

Thanks, wrenn.