Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Concerned about obscured margins

waitingwithbing
waitingwithbing Member Posts: 1
edited March 2023 in Not Diagnosed But Worried

Hi there - I just got called back for a diagnostic mammogram and US and am wondering if anyone here can help me to understand these results? (My doctor was surprisingly unhelpful). How worried should I be?? Especially about the obscured margins?? The waiting is awful. I have two little girls, ages 3 and 5, and I am so worried about them.

I'm 43 year's old with an aunt who was diagnosed with stage 2 BC at age 72. My last mammogram was 8 years ago; I had it for a palpable lump that turned out to be benign. However, those images are no longer available for some reason, so the radiolgist couldn't compare these images to previous ones.

Mammo report:

There is an oval asymmetry with an obscured margin in the right breast posterior depth central to the nipple seen on the midolateral oblique view only. There also is an oval asymmetry with an obscured margin in the right breast posterior depth medial region seen on the craniocaudal view only.

No other significant masses, calcifications, or other finds are seen in either breast mammographically. No significant abnormalities were seen sonographically in either breast or either axilla.

The breasts are heterogeneously dense, which may obscure small masses.

IMPRESSION: Incomplete: needs additional imaging.

Evaluation: Bi-rads 0

Thank you for your help!

Comments

• salamandra
    salamandra Member Posts: 732
    edited March 2023

Bi-rads 0 means the radiologist determined that they need a re-do or additional imaging to make a call. It is not suspicious. Mammogram is not a perfect technology.

It is not time to worry.