Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Last Weeks US

Options
lovelymother
lovelymother Member Posts: 1
edited April 2023 in Not Diagnosed But Worried

Hey friends,

I'm new here. I'm 41 and a mother of two children. I went in for a response to an abnormal mamogram. I was given a on-spot mamo, as well as an US. Doctor could see architectural distortion and informed me that I have very dense breasts. He said that there is a b9 cyst, and is conserned about the AD. What are your thoughts? I have a biopsy scheduled for next week. I'm so, so scared.

IMPRESSION: Right breast approximately 11:00 position architectural distortion with suspected sonographic correlate.

BI-RADS 4: Suspicious

RECOMMENDATION: Right breast ultrasound-guided biopsy and clip placement. Patient was counseled about possible mistargeting and possible need for repeat biopsy based on pathology results.

FINAL REPORT

Mammography Assessment: 4-Suspicious abnormality, biopsy should be considered

Recommendation: Biopsy

A summary of these results will be sent by mail to the patient.

Electronically Verified and Signed by Attending Radiologist: Arun Nagaraju MD 4/5/2023 2:26 PM
This exam was dictated at Swedish Hospital.

Narrative

EXAM: MAMMO DIAGNOSTIC UNILATERAL - DIGITAL, (RT), MAMMO US BREAST LIMITED, UNILAT, RT, 4/5/2023 1:17 PM

CLINICAL INFORMATION: 41-year-old female presenting as a screening call back for right architectural distortion and asymmetry.

Per the modified Gail model, lifetime risk of breast malignancy is 17.6%.

COMPARISON: 4/1/2023

FINDINGS: MAMMOGRAPHY:
An ML view and two spot compression views of the right breast were performed digitally and reviewed with the aid of R2 CAD, 8.3/9.3. Tomosynthesis was performed and reviewed of the given views.

The breasts are heterogeneously dense, which may obscure small masses.

Within the right upper central posterior depth is persistent architectural distortion with an adjacent oval mass.
No additional dominant mass, abnormal calcifications or area of nonsurgical architectural distortion is seen.

SONOGRAPHY:
Targeted right breast ultrasound was performed for the mammographic area of concern. Within the right breast 11:00 position 4 cm from the nipple is a 4 mm cyst. Just adjacent to this cyst is an ill-defined area of shadowing which likely corresponds with architectural distortion. It is 4 mm lateral to the cyst. This area measures approximately 3 x 3 x 5 mm.

Component Results

A = ABNORMAL, H = HIGH, L = LOW
ComponentYour ValueStandard RangeFlag
BIRADS Category4 - Suspicious abnormality
Bilateral Recommendation: Biopsy

Comments

• mountainmia
    mountainmia Member Posts: 857
    edited April 2023
    Options

There's no way for us to know what was seen on the ultrasound. It sounds like the radiologist is sure that there is a very small cyst, and some other area next to it which is less clear. It could be another cyst. The vast majority of biopsies show benign processes, not cancer. If it is cancer, it is quite small. 5mm is less than a quarter of an inch.

The biopsy will give good information about what you're dealing with. Again, the probability is very high that the architectural distortion is benign.

Good luck and let us know what you find out.