Do I really need an MRI? The wait is causing anxiety/insomnia
I was diagnosed with Stage 1 IDC back on March 23rd (2023) which now seems like decades ago. It's Stage 1 but my surgeon is insisting on an MRI which has taken forever to schedule since I just switched insurance. I also won't have surgery until May 4 which will be nearly 6 weeks after diagnosis.
I know there are benefits to this (I do have dense breasts) but also am concerned it will muddy the waters, bringing up false positives, more mideval biopsies, or the possibility of an unneccesary masectomy.
So I'm wondering if it's typical to order an MRI for a diagnosis such as mine or if she's acting in an abundance of caution. The whole ordeal is giving me panic attacks in the middle of the night.
Thank you in advance for your responses!