Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Intraductal Papilloma questions

Options
nicurn
nicurn Member Posts: 1
edited April 2023 in Benign Breast Conditions

Hi there!

I've read some posts on here and gleaned a lot. I'm a 27 yr old, and found out recently that I have a 10mm intraductal papilloma in my right breast. (For what it's worth, over the last year this breast has doubled in size, and a few years ago I had another round of biopsies done on breast so there's a lot going on there!). The breast surgeon I was referred to says she doesn't automatically recommend surgical excision anymore. I'm weighing my options and leaning towards getting it surgically removed for peace of mind (I also have a family history of BC). What holds me back is the potential side effects, particularly ability to breastfeed. Has anyone had an intraductal papilloma removed that can weigh in on the side effects they experienced, and any advice? Thanks so much.

Comments

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,928
    edited April 2023
    Options

Hello, nicurn, and welcome to Breastcancer.org! We're so glad you've joined us, and we're sure you'll find our community a helpful, supportive, and informative place.

Until you hear from other members sharing their own experiences, here are some links to more information on our website about this type of benign tumor:

Central Intraductal Papilloma

Peripheral Intraductal Papillomas

We hope this helps, and we look forward to hearing more from you soon!

Warmly,

The Mods

• margecandoit
    margecandoit Member Posts: 135
    edited April 2023
    Options

I had a intraductal papilloma and radial scar removed before I had breast cancer. It was found on my first mammogram at 43. I have heard they could hid cancer or some say it can be precancerous. I was told to remove it. I also have strong family history of breast cancer. I was DX with breast cancer a year ago tomorrow. When they did my surgery for that I also had another intraductal papilloma and radial scar in with it. I don’t know how this affects breastfeeding cause I was already done with that part of my life. I would think that it wouldn’t cause a problem but I am not a DR so I don’t know. I would get it removed just my opinion. I hope this help you some.

• monarchandthemilkweed
    monarchandthemilkweed Member Posts: 151
    edited April 2023
    Options

I had a papilloma removed WHILE pregnant. I was able to breastfeed just fine. I always thought that side produced less but I have no proof of that. (I never pumped