Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Waiting for Biopsy Results

Options
morningstar60
morningstar60 Member Posts: 1
edited June 2023 in Not Diagnosed But Worried

I don't have a breast issue; I just didn't know where to turn since my issue is rather unusual.

A few weeks ago I found a small lump behind my left ear. Since then I've gone through a rollercoaster of despair, hope, extreme fright, you name it. An ultrasound showed a 2.3 cm nodule in my parotid gland. I had a biopsy on Thursday, and now I am not copying very well with waiting for the results. I have no idea what I will do if the news is bad. Help me please!

Comments

• maggie15
    maggie15 Member Posts: 861
    Options

morningstar60, A nodule on the parotid gland falls under the head and neck cancer category. While everyone on this site has had breast cancer I've also dealt with four biopsies (all benign) and two surgeries in this area. Head and neck surgeons or ENTs treat these nodules. Over 80% of them turn out to be benign. Here is a link to some information on them.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/parotid-tumor/cdc-20388269

Waiting for biopsy results is difficult no matter where in your body the tumor is. Try to stay busy so you don't worry so much. Most likely you will get a benign result and your worry will be over. If not, there are online head and neck cancer support groups that will support you. All the best!