Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Exercise to prepare for surgery

Options

I would like to start a thread, if anyone is interested, to record our efforts to exercise in order to prepare for surgery. I was inspired by a report online of a young woman who exercised a lot to prepare for her surgery.

"I wasn’t thinking about the surgery or worrying about the surgery—I was focused on getting my body as healthy and as strong as possible," she says. "It gave me peace of mind. I was taking action and doing everything I could possibly do to be as strong and healthy as possible."

Comments

• salamandra
    salamandra Member Posts: 736
    Options

Hi Jotusconnie,

Wishing you luck with your plan! I find it hard to plan/carry out exercise, but I feel better when I do something, both mentally and physically!

• lotusconnie1999
    lotusconnie1999 Member Posts: 39
    edited May 2023
    Options

Salamandra, you are totally right. I cannot carry out plans for exercise either. I will do it whenever I can. I walk sometimes. Thanks for your support.

• salamandra
    salamandra Member Posts: 736
    Options

Walking counts! It's my main form of exercise. I want to do more weight bearing stuff because my understanding is that it's super healthy especially for women as we get older, but walking built into my day is the simplest for me to actually do.

• lotusconnie1999
    edited May 2023
    Options

salamanda, walking is one of the best exercises! Thank you for your support.

• lotusconnie1999
    edited May 2023
    Options

I decide to do more instead of talking (a little too much at times). I will continue to exercise. Thanks to salamandra and everyone! I really appreciate it.