Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Please give me any advice - Paying for Lupron no insurance

Options

Hello.

I am writing this from abroad.

I am 44 and stage 1 Luminal B (HER2-negative) breast cancer and was diagnosed so 2 years ago.

I went through a surgery, chemo for 12 weeks, and radiation therapy for 30 times.

Now I am undergoing treatment with Lupron depot - 3 month 11.25mg) and Tamoxifen (10mg).

I am an American but have spent most of my life abroad, so I don't have any health insurance in the states.

I am planning to come back to Nebraska for a year.

But I googled and saw a lupron shot is more than $5000 without an insurance.

Is this true??

I don't know what to do with this situation but the only thing I can say is that I cannot give up these treatments for my daughters who are only 6 and 7 years old no matter where I live.

Do you know any insurance company I can offer even I am a breast cancer patient in treatment?

Or do you think I can enroll medicaid?

I read an article that breast cancer can enroll medicaid without income limit.

But I am sure for nothing yet.

I am not sure even I really understand this medicaid system…

Please help me out!

I greatly appreciate your advices in adance.

Thank you very much!!

Comments

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 4,791
    Options

Have you looked into the Affordable Care Act? It differs state by state so inquire in the state you’re planning to reside in. Take care

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,982
    Options

Hi, @usernamemai, and welcome to Breastcancer.org. We're so sorry for the reasons that bring you here, but we're really glad you've found us. As you can already see, our Community is full of helpful members always willing to offer advice, information, encouragement, and support — we're all here for you!

We wanted to point you to an excellent resource you may want to check out — the maker of Lupron (Abbott Laboratories) offers a payment assistance program called myAbbVieAssist — you can reach out to them to see if you'd be eligible for this program by clicking the link above or calling 1-800-222-6885.

In addition, our site offers a helpful page explaining the options for people without health insurance, and outlines which coverage (Medicaid, Medicare, or Marketplace) might be right for you.

We hope this helps! Please let us know if we can do anything further to assist you, and welcome again!

—The Mods

• usernamemai
    usernamemai Member Posts: 2
    Options

Thank you very much for your kind information.

I am very sorry for this delayed reply.

I haven't reached the links and information you kindly gave me…

I will have time to sit in front of my PC this week.

I will check the information!

Thank you very much :)