Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Need to hear from any long term grade 3 survivors

Options

I am doing quite well and have gotten through all active treatment. The last step is my 3-D nipple tattoos. Anyway I am struggling a little right now. It's not bad but I could use encouragement. My original diagnosis was a grade 3, hormone positive tumor. No lymph node involvement and no LVI but that grade 3 haunts me nonetheless since it seems so many people have recurrences with them. Any long term survivors out there?

Comments

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 46,975
    edited July 2023
    Options

16 years here (the

• trishyla1
    trishyla1 Member Posts: 50
    edited July 2023
    Options

August 29th will mark seven years since my diagnosis. Not only was I grade 3, but I had five distinct kinds of cancer in seven tumors across both breasts. I also had micrometastes in one lymph node. Oh, and my Ki67 was And I'm still here.

• kaynotrealname
    kaynotrealname Member Posts: 387
    Options

Thank you both so much. I needed to read that. May you both have many more!!

• ruthbru
    Options

I see that the rest of my post was cut off. I don't know if you did chemo, but chemo works best on the fast growing grade 3 cells; so if you did chemo, being grade 3 is actually a plus. No lymphnode involvement is also a very, very good thing! As is doing

• kaynotrealname
    Options

I did do chemo. 4 sessions of T/C and now I'm on lupron/letrozole. Doing fine physically. But still get nervous. One year out next week myself…..

• ruthbru
    edited July 2023
    Options

You should really, truly be fine. Plan something fun and out-of-the ordinary for next week (something is wrong with this site....it won't let me put an exclamation point at the end of Celebrate....and I bet the parentheses symbol won't be at the end of this either

• hangin
    hangin Member Posts: 20
    edited July 2023
    Options

Hello Kaynotrealname ~ I am also a grade 3 and can relate to that haunting feeling you’ ve described in regards to recurrence. You are not alone & I am sure there are many long-term survivors out there, who at one time or another felt the same way we do. It's comforting & inspiring hearing from the lovely people within the BC community, who responded to your post & shared. Wishing you all the best of everything always. 🤗

• kaynotrealname
    Options

Thank you, Hangin :) So much good luck sent your way, too!

• elainetherese
    elainetherese Member Posts: 1,627
    Options

I just "celebrated" nine years out from beginning chemo back in 2014…. It gets easier as time goes by, though a recent ache in my left hip makes me nervous from time to time. My cancer was triple positive, and that kind of cancer typically recurs within the first five years after diagnosis. Once I passed the five year mark, I relaxed a bit more.

• hangin
    hangin Member Posts: 20
    Options

Hello Kaynotrealname ~ Right back at you! I am toasting each & everyone of you with my morning coffee. Celebrating your milestones. Wishing you all the best of everything always. 🤗

• kaynotrealname
    Options

Congratulations, Elaine! I hope at some point I stop glancing over my proverbial shoulder.

• beach2beach
    beach2beach Member Posts: 245
    Options

my sister is 13 years IBC 3C. Still going strong

• kaynotrealname
    Options

Love to hear it, Beach! Long may it last!