Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

Bonded by Breast Cancer WEEKLY Virtual meetups!

moderators
moderators Posts: 8,558
edited December 2023 in Bonded by Breast Cancer

Hope to see some of you here!

We offer TWO moderated Bonded by Breast Cancer Virtual (Zoom) Meetups each week! Join with others you've created a connection with at Breastcancer.org, after active treatment is over.

• Every Monday, 8 pm ET

Register in advance! Monday Meetup Registration

• Every Friday, 1 pm ET

Register in advance for the link. Friday Meetup Registration

Comments

• katg
    katg Member Posts: 247

Great to have a Monday one now. Thank you.

• katg

Hello!!! I miss the Friday one. I wish oh wish some of you would stop by and post. Until then, I will hope to see all of you on zoom soon.

• karen1956
    karen1956 Member Posts: 4,606

I will try to sign up for a Friday, but it will have to be the middle of October. Mondays is dinner time - 6pm by me.

• chuckee1104
    chuckee1104 Member Posts: 11

Hi all,

Been missing the meetings because I'm not getting the zoom invites anymore. Trying to figure out if there is a workaround, but haven't found one yet:-(.

Blessings!

Charlene

• moderators
    edited November 2023

@chuckee1104 You're on the list, so you should get the reminders! We'll take a look.

• kristinj
    kristinj Member Posts: 1

The timing of you guys reducing the frequency of the virtual groups kind of sucks. I could have used that support yesterday as I was dealing with my mammogram looking wonky and needing to go in next week for a biopsy. I don’t want outreach from a random staff member. I want my group.

• moderators

Hi @kristinj,

First, we're sorry to hear of the scare you're going through right now and we're sending all of our good thoughts your way for benign results. Gentle hugs to you!

We're so sorry for the disappointment about the frequency of the meetups, but unfortunately this was a business decision that could not be avoided. Breastcancer.org is a non-profit and all of our programs, including the virtual meetups, are funded only by the generous support we receive. Unfortunately, when funding is limited, some programs must be limited as well.

We do still offer the Friday and Monday Bonded by Breast Cancer groups, only every-other week. There will be a meeting this Friday if you'd like to join and share your concerns about your upcoming biopsy. Here is the link to register: https://breastcancer-org.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZIuduGspz0rG93Jrg16Zi1NQrja-insoVJm

We hope we see you on Friday! Remember you can always reach us for support via email at community@breastcancer.org or via PM here.

—The Mods

• katg

Again, I wish more people stopped in to check in. Sometimes writing what you are thinking lets some of the power go.