Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Ultrasound results please help

Options

hello I am 43 years old. I got a mammogram on Monday that didn’t show anything but in the US they found a mass of 1.4 cms. Back in 2020 in the same location they found debris that they classified as benign with a birad score of 2. In 2022 I only did a mammogram that came back negative and now the report shows this : in the breast 6:00

retroareolar

region, there is an 1.4 x 0.6 x 0.7 cm area of inspissated debris

versus an

intraductal mass. There are adjacent dilated ducts. The remainder of the bilateral breasts are unremarkable.

IMPRESSION:

1. Left 6:00 retroareolar possible intraductal mass. Recommend ultrasound-guided biopsy for further evaluation.
  2. No imaging correlate to the patient's left breast pain. Further management should depend on the clinical examination.
  3. No mammographic or sonographic evidence of malignancy in the right breast.

BIRAD 4

Can someone please help me translate this ? Thanks so much for the support !

Comments

• obsolete
    obsolete Member Posts: 333
    Options

Hi Martu, the waiting is so very frustrating. Hopefully your biopsy will help you get some answers .

Intraductal abnormalities are very broad and difficult to pinpoint.
    Maybe a benign papilloma??? but a papilloma or two would at least show some blood flow on Doppler, which was not mentioned in report.
    Could also be thick sticky secretions blocking ducts?? Many possibilities. If you're a smoker, please read.

DUCT ECTASIA WITH INSPISSATED SECRETIONS
    https://radiopaedia.org/cases/duct-ectasia-with-inspissated-secretions

IMAGING APPROACHES TO DIAGNOSIS AND MANAGEMENT OF COMMON DUCTAL ABNORMALITIES

https://pubs.rsna.org/doi/full/10.1148/rg.324115150

"There is a known association between ductal ectasia and smoking."

• martu
    martu Member Posts: 7
    Options

thanks so much for your reply Obsolete! I really appreciate it. Back in 2020 the area was described as follows: some focally dilated ducts without definite mass. Some of these contain some lavering debris. Birad 2. My doctor believes is the same lession and she hopes it hasn’t grow that much since then. I am having my biopsy today . Thanks so much! this group is very helpful!