Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Scanxiety... help

Options

I have just had the results of a CT scan and have been told im being referred for a Bone scan 😬😬

Apparently i have a slight thickening on one of my ribs help! I've been told its been on my scans since diagnosis in October last year, and althought mention on my previous 3 scans, and unchanged... the most recent radiologist thinks as its indeterminate a bone scan is needed.

So nervous? Anyone else experience this? Anyone else also awaiting this kind of investigation. I feel its never ending.

Tagged:

Comments

• cookie54
    cookie54 Member Posts: 682
    Options

@inneedofhope Sorry your dealing with scanxiety, we all understand! It is a good sign that it has been there and unchanged on the last couple CT's.As nerve wrecking as it is I think it's a good idea to put it to rest with the bone scan. Bone scans are one of the best ways to rule out bone mets vs arthritis, old fractures etc.

Every radiologist has a different comfort level in their interpretations. Some will over call things as to cover their butts and some will be more confident in what they see. However it's always a good idea to err on the side of caution. I know it's the last thing you feel like doing but a good idea to address this to make sure it's nothing.

Sending positives thoughts and good vibes your way for benign findings.

• kaynotrealname
    kaynotrealname Member Posts: 386
    Options

I'm so sorry. I know the horror of scans. I hate them. There is nothing to do here but get it over with though. The fact that it's been unchanged is an excellent sign and try to focus on that. If you need some medication in order to help you function while undergoing the stress of the wait, don't hesitate to ask for that either. Many hugs sent your way.

• inneedofhope
    inneedofhope Member Posts: 31
    Options

Thank you both. I know you are right. I just need to grit my teeth and get through it.

I'm currently in a clinical trial for residual disease, so had to commit to extra scans and surveillance... I swear they find something on every scan that needs further investigation. It's exhausting. Keep your fingers crossed for me 🤞🤞 bone scan booked for nexr week