Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

I had my port placement today

Options

The port placement I had today on my left side, I was finished at 1225 pm & it's still extremely uncomfortable it hurts just like it did as soon as it was finished. I was told to take xtra strength tylenol ,which doesn't helper all !! So frustrating

Comments

• katg
    katg Member Posts: 209
    Options

If they have a triage call. I had one in for 2 years nearly and no pain at all. Our bodies are different so the placement could be different. I know they numbed me to put it in. I was under light anesthesia. The hospital needs to know.

• norcals
    norcals Member Posts: 206
    Options

Crazyred,

I agree with Katg. If the port is painful, you may want to call your oncologist. When my port was implanted (right side), I did not have any pain. I did have discomfort when sleeping because I could feel the device depending on what position I was sleeping in.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,057
    Options

@crazyred48 has the pain gotten better? Have you gotten relief? Thinking of you!

—The Mods

• serendipity09
    serendipity09 Member Posts: 769
    Options

@crazyred48 I hope your pain is better today and continues to get better. My port bothered me the entire time I had it. It didn't hurt after a few days, but it was sore the entire I had it. Even now, after having had it taken out 2 years ago, the area still bugs me.

• crazyred48
    crazyred48 Member Posts: 4
    Options

It's starting to ease up , still hurts a bit but definitely better than yesterday. Thanks for asking

• katg
    katg Member Posts: 209
    Options

Great news! Thank you for posting! I hope it is better every day.