Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Starting Chemo August 2023

Options
124»

Comments

• fireflyhill
    fireflyhill Member Posts: 28
    Options

Happy Holidays Ladies.

Just wanted to send everyone hugs and best wishes. 💖 Might be the holiday best forgotten but we will find strength and joy nonetheless, as that is what strong, courageous women do.

• cindylou416
    cindylou416 Member Posts: 33
    Options

Merry Christmas to all of you! This was one tough holiday season, missing all the Christmas parties and get together’s but for a good reason and we will make up for it next year❤️. The important thing is we got through this and our last treatment is within reach. My surgery is scheduled for January 19 lumpectomy and final pathology report. Nervous but hopeful that all will be good 👍. Tomorrow is my final AC treatment. I bought my nurse a nice throw blanket for Christmas, she has been wonderful. Anybody like the movie, A Christmas Story? We watch it every year, its tradition. Take care, sending hugs

Cindy

• fireflyhill
    Options

How is everyone doing?

Cindy, I hope you are experiencing a smooth recovery from your surgery. Did you get pathology back?

I finished radiation early January and I had my port removed yesterday. I'm so glad to have it out. I will have my first follow-up diagnostics in February. I have not had too much issue taking Letrozole so far. My hair is growing back some but it is beyond horrible. Growing in all weird and patchy. I believe I will be in a wig for a long time. But I'm actually feeling better and stronger. Every week I can feel a difference in what I can do physically and mentally.

I know you all are busy trying to push through but it would be so great for everyone to check in. I think of each of you often. 🧚‍♂️

• cindylou416
    cindylou416 Member Posts: 33
    Options

Hi firefly! Chemo is over. Surgery is over and radiation starts in two weeks. Can’t believe we made it through.

Almost had a complete response! Will be taking Xeloda for a few months and keytruda until July. Oncologist is very happy with the results😊. time to pick up the pieces and start living life again, easier said than done I feel so awkward. It’s going to take some time to get back into the swing of things- I agree with what you said : each day I am feeling better, stronger and able to do more things around the house. It’s a wonderful feeling. I agree with you on the wig, I’ll be wearing mine for a long time too. My hair used to be halfway down my back so it’s going to take quite a while to get even to my shoulders. The good news is they make a lot of beautiful wigs I currently have a couple from Raquel Welch and I love them! I’m so glad you checked in. (What city do you live in?) I wish you all the best in your recovery. Stay in touch I do check the forms frequently.

sending love,

Cindy❤️

• fireflyhill
    Options

Hi Cindy

Boy did time slip away from me recently. How did your radiation treatments go, is it complete now? I took a trip to see my son and grandson. It was wonderful and did my heart a lot of good. I had not flown in quite a while and we had travel delays galore. I wore a mask for airport etc but ended up getting a URI anyway from my son and grandson. Dang it, I'm better mostly but the congestion just sorta keeps hanging on. I had not seen them in a year and I just up and decided I had to go see them.

I had followup mammograms and bloodwork. Everything looked good and my oncologist is very optimistic that I will not have a recurrence . Scheduling bone density and followup cardiac echo this spring. So I'm on cruise control. I am getting busy with the garden and am anxious for spring weather. I still struggle some with weakness/fatigue and some days I just feel blah. Like I am not sure what I want to do with my time/future now. I trust time and healing will sort it out so I keep trying to move forward. I am so dreaming of warm sunshine and summer breezes and NO cancer, chemo or surgery!

I hope you are healing well.