Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Massage therapist for cording in my local area


Anyone familiar with finding a massage therapist to treat cording after lumpectomy? How do I search?


  • mavericksmom
    mavericksmom Member Posts: 1,133
    edited August 2023

    I would start with your Breast Surgeon's office or the hospital patient help desk for recommendations. Or, if you google lyphedema, it will show therapists in your area who are trained in that. Both hospitals where I went for treatment had lymphedema departments.

    Not sure where you live and I am only familiar with the Philadelphia area of PA.

    If you have cording and no lymphedema, your PCP should be able to give you a script for PT which should help.

  • moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,929

    Hi @laguna,

    It sounds like you might need to contact a lymphedema specialist. There's some helpful info here:

    We hope this helps!

    —The Mods