Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Tamoxifen and reoccurence

Options

I just had my bilateral mastectomy and will be starting tamoxifen soon. I’m so worried about weight gain. Is this common? Has anyone had the cancer return and if so, in what way?

Comments

• needs.a.nap
    needs.a.nap Member Posts: 188
    Options

Hello @random_wmercado8507. How are you feeling? I hope your surgery went very well and that you are healing well! I just wanted to say hello. I only started Tamoxifen 3 weeks ago and it’s probably way too soon to notice but my clothes all still fit ok, so I’m not noticing weight gain (yet). Take care!!

• random_wmercado8507
    Options

I’m still having having some pain with both expanders I’m at night. I’m 42 and will see the radiation oncologist on Monday. Hoping I don’t have to do that. Are you having any side other side effects, and did they advise you to take aspirin? Thank you for sharing. Hope your well!

• needs.a.nap
    needs.a.nap Member Posts: 188
    Options

@random_wmercado8507 I’m sorry you are having pain!!

No, I wasn’t advised to take aspirin. So far I’ve only noticed that I’m not sleeping well (that started about a week and half ago) but that could partially be from discomfort at night. I find myself having to reposition in bed a lot to get comfortable. I’ll wait and see if I start sleeping better again soon.