Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

This may help some financially

Options

This is good info, if not for current or future needs.

I was diagnosed with stage 4 denovo mbc in 2018. I was fortunate enough to access BCCP Medicaid. That paid for all my treatments and meds. In May I turned 65 and was signed up for Medicare (really I didn't sign up for it, they just put me on it.) My Medicaid is gone at the end of this month. As we all know treatment co-pays can be shattering. Because I was given Medicare in May, I am still in an IEP an "Initial Enrollment Period". It is at THIS TIME, within 6 months of receiving Medicare, sign up with a Plan G MEDIGAP PLAN. It is handled by private insurance companies. During IEP they have to sell you a policy NO QUESTIONS ASKED. This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. I was able to enroll in one, that takes effect Nov 1, as my Medicaid ends. It's $163. a month but covers 100% of my copays. If I had not signed up NOW in my IEP, I could and probably would have been turned down. Medicare also offers this too I believe for a bit less. This is a lifesaving plan, for the fact that-as long as you pay, they cannot drop you. I went with Aetna. I hope this helps someone in our arena who is just going onto Medicare so they can take advantage of this one-time opportunity.