Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

MRI results

Options

I have yearly MRIs for screening after mastectomy in 2015. Recently "lesion" found on rib.

No trauma, but sudden onset of pain. Oncologist will now order bone scan to look for other

"lesions" to determine spontaneous non-cancer related fracture vs. metastatic breast cancer.

Looking for other that may have had this happen.

Thank you.

Comments

• inneedofhope
    inneedofhope Member Posts: 31
    Options

Hi there, I'm in a similar position with regards to an indeterminate lesion on a rib that's being monitored. Have you had your mri yet? I hope you're doing OK. I know how anxiety inducing this can be.

• margesimpson
    margesimpson Member Posts: 51
    Options

I had a couple of lesions on my ribs that were monitored for about 2 years (scan every six months).

• inneedofhope
    inneedofhope Member Posts: 31
    Options

Hi there Margesimpson, can I ask have they finished monitoring these now? Did they determine they were benign? Thank you

• margesimpson
    margesimpson Member Posts: 51
    Options

I'm not in America so it’s probably handled very differently there. I don’t want to alarm you but ultimately I hurt my back and had an MRI (approx 5 months after my 6 monthly scan) and found heaps of tumours. I wish I had been assertive I knew the pain was not normal and I had lots of symptoms in hindsight. I hesitated in replying in case it scared you. I hope your mri goes well.