Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Daughter just diagnosed stage II

Options

Hello , I am new to this site. My youngest daughter just found out she has stage 2 grade 3 Cancer. We saw her surgepn for the firs time yesterday and next week we see her oncologist. I am not new to Cancer, my mother had breast cancer 33 years ago and fought it for 8 1/2 years. I remember being so angry at God because I just could not understand, and I am a nurse. This time even though I am having many emotions, I know my God is in control and will walk with us in the midst of the chaos. Thank you for having this web site.

Comments

• betny22
    betny22 Member Posts: 37
    Options

I can imagine how upset you are especially that you watched your mom go through it. I used this website for hope when I was diagnosed in 2012 with stage 2b and positive nodes. And I hope by me posting now in 2023 it gives you hope. I am doing well. She will be in my daily prayers.

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 4,792
    Options

madea,

I know this must be very difficult for you and your daughter. Keep two things in mind. First, many, many things have changed in the 30+ years since your mother had bc. Second, your daughter is stage II, not stage IV . With treatment and good follow up, she stands a very good chance of not progressing beyond her current stage.
    I am sure your experience with your mom left a scar but you have every reason to be optimistic about your daughter’s situation. There are no guarantees but don’t compare your mother’s situation with your daughter’s. Take care.