Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Verzenio and hair loss.

Options

I’m going to be starting verzenio in a few days and I read that 30% of people who take this medication experience hair loss. I asked the pharmacist about this and he made it sound like I could go completely bald again like I was from chemo. It sounded like he was reading from a script and I’m not sure if he really knew what he was talking about. Is there anyone on verzenio who has not experienced any hair loss? If you have, how much and does it grow back?

Comments

• seeq
    seeq Member Posts: 1,085
    Options

Trv4764 - I lost about ⅔ of my hair when I was on the full dose of Verzenio (150mg x 2). I didn't have balls spots, just overall thinning. After a dose reduction (100mg x 2), my hair started to grow back in. It's still not 100%, but it's better. I haven't heard of of anyone losing all of there hair on Verzenio, just thinning.

You might want to ask this question in one of the Abemaciclib/Verzenio threads. I think more people will see it there.

• luck2468
    luck2468 Member Posts: 3
    Options

No noticeable hair loss for me. If there was hair loss, too little to notice. I have been on Verzenio for about 14 months. I do try not to pull or tug my hair too much and take better care while brushing as well. Please don't stress too much. I fainted from stressing too much from a diarrhea moment, sent to the ER and was diagnosed as fainting from too much stress and anxiety.

• marykt
    marykt Member Posts: 1
    Options

Hi - I started Verzenio 150 x 2 in October. I was worried about hair loss as well. My hair was still slowly growing from Chemo. I only had maybe 3 inches of length. I noticed some thinning but I started using Rogaine and it is helping. I also found a hairstylist that specializes in micro hair extensions. God send!!! I have enough length for a chin length bob - I love it!

Good luck!!

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,996
    Options

Hello @marykt and welcome! Thank you for sharing your experience with Verzenio and hair loss. It's great to hear that you found a solution for the hair thinning, and your positive attitude towards your new look is truly inspiring. If you want, you can share it also in our popular discussion called Hair Hair Hair - Another question. We think your tips and insights would be appreciated there.

Again, thank you for posting and, welcome to the community!

The Mods

• buffalomom70
    buffalomom70 Member Posts: 1
    Options

I'm starting Verzenio TODAY! I have some doubts but over all the clinical trials look promising. I'm also on Anastrole... Only issue I have been having with the Anastrole is at times, I have heart palpitations, which is one of the side effects along with being thrown into full blown menopause. Keep on keeping on!

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,996
    Options

Welcome, @buffalomom70! We're so sorry for the reasons that bring you here, but glad you've found us. Have you told your doctor about the heart palpitations? It might be a good question to ask if you can switch to another aromatase inhibitor that has different/less side effects.

Thanks for joining and we look forward to getting to know you!

—The Mods

• basquemomma
    basquemomma Member Posts: 7
    Options

I started on Verzenio about 4 yrs 8 months ago at the max dose (200mg tablet twice a day) along with Anastrozole. My hair thinned out by about 50-60%, but after a bit, it started to fill in again. I then started taking Nutrofol (a biotin based product) and others tell me they can tell the difference since taking it. My oncology office tells me I just need to stop taking it about a week before any blood work is done so it doesn't affect the results of the tests.