Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Long-Term Benefits of Verzenio for Early-Stage Breast Cancer Confirmed

Options

Long-Term Benefits of Verzenio for Early-Stage Breast Cancer Confirmed

Oct 30, 2023

Five years of follow-up show Verzenio continues to reduce early-stage breast cancer recurrence risk long after people stop taking it. Read more…

Comments

• kotchaj
    kotchaj Member Posts: 210
    Options

I wanted to share my experience with Verzenio. I have one month left and I'm done. I'm stage 3C with IDC with mucinous features that were discovered after I had my mastectomy surgery, post-chemo.

I was in my oncologist's office at the end of this last year and we discussed the Signatera testing for circulating tumor DNA. It takes up to 4 weeks for them to get the first test set up, but it was worth the wait. I will continue to be tested every 3 months.

I found out yesterday that I am negative for any circulating DNA from my breast cancer tumor in my blood. I feel that Verzenio was the one thing I have done that made this happen. I know that cancer can pop back up again, but to have a negative test after 20/21 lymph nodes positive and 3C staging, makes me believe that miracles can happen sometimes.

I wanted to post this somewhere but wanted also to be mindful of those who have not had a good response with this drug, but also to give hope to those who are in the middle of their own sh#tshow of Verzenio and want to quit.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,997
    Options

Thank you so much for sharing this, @kotchaj! It's definitely helpful for those on Verzenio, and even generally for those on CDK4/6 inhibitors! Your experience is valuable, as are the experiences of those for which Verzenio did not work effectively. Impossible to know how one will respond without trying first. I think what you've shared will provide comfort to those considering giving it a try.

What was your experience like managing the side effects from Verzenio?