Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Eagle Pharmacy for the brand name Arimidex

Options

Does anyone know if Eagle Pharmacy online is a reputable pharmacy for brand name hormonal medications? I'm going to give the treatment one more try with the brand name Arimidex and not the generic anastrozole. My oncologist agreed to monitor me if I decide not to do the hormonal treatment due to the awful side effects I experienced. Eagle Pharmacy is $60 a month for Arimidex.

Comments

• maggiehopley
    maggiehopley Member Posts: 111
    Options

As far as I know, Eagle Pharmacy is the only source of brand name Arimidex at an affordable cost. They have been doing this for many years.

• pinkrules
    pinkrules Member Posts: 97
    Options

Thank you.

• simonerc
    simonerc Member Posts: 154
    Options

I get my Arimidex from Eagle Pharmacy mail order. Very easy and convenient. $60 per month. I get a three month supply. Very happy with them.

• pinkrules
    Options

Thank you! Can I ask if your side effects aren't as bad as being on the genetic Anastrozole? This is why I'm trying the brand name. I lasted one day on Anastrozole. Also, a few here take the brand name every other day.

• simonerc
    simonerc Member Posts: 154
    Options

For me, Teva was better than Accord but not always in stock. But, the name brand Arimidex gives me even less side effects. I hope it works well for you!

• pinkrules
    Options

Thank you! Crossing my fingers the brand name works out. But my gut tells me if it doesn't, having my oncologist monitor me without the hormonal treatment is the way to go. I have a few health issues that the medication will increase. She immediately agreed to monitor me, it was such a great relief. I was worried she wouldn't see me anymore. She is ordering a breast MRI and then six months later a mammogram so that every six months I have imaging done. At the end of my appointment with her, she told me that she understood because she has relatives that could not tolerate the medication. That meant the world to me.