Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Fat Necrosis or Recurrence in Chest Wall??

Options

I hate the waiting. I am almost 9 years out from bi lateral mastectomy when during a routine CT thorax showed a small 1.5cm mass on chest wall. Ultrasound was inconclusive other than ruling out cyst and being BiRad 5. Today I had a biopsy and now have to wait up to 5 days for pathology results. All the medical professionals have been encouraging to say it could be fat necrosis or some other trauma. However, given my original cancer was somewhat rare with multiple tumors at the same time in both breast I’m not confident. Anyone else have experience with chest wall recurrence? Bonus if you are in New England area!

Comments

• mandy23
    mandy23 Member Posts: 105
    Options

Hi @luckygirl27 -

No experience with chest wall recurrence….and a Midwesterner, so no points there either. 😊

Just thought I'd drop in and say hi and sorry you are here and worried. We all know what that's like.

Best of luck to you and hoping it's BENIGN!!! Know that we are here to support you and get you through it if it isn't.

Take care.

• beginagain22
    beginagain22 Member Posts: 100
    Options

Hi @luckygirl27 ,

No points for this Kansas girl either. I have not had reoccurrence but I have had a lot of friends that have had scares. I know its hard not to borrow trouble. Keep us posted. I also had a Bi lateral MX and this is something that is often on my mind. I hope that it ends up as nothing to worry about.

• lglovespeaches
    lglovespeaches Member Posts: 3
    Options

Hi luckygirl27,

I'm curious to hear how you are doing. I hope the mass was benign. I found a lump that turned to three lumps on my chest, above my left breast. That was my cancer side 11 years ago. My lumps keep changing in size and amount. I've had 1-3 daily since I found them a couple of weeks ago. It's outside the area of a diagnostic mammogram, so that showed nothing. They also didn't show in the US although the doctor and nurse present that day could feel them. I had an MRI yesterday. Waiting for results...

I live in New England too!

• roareus
    roareus Member Posts: 68
    Options

How are you doing? I am not a New Englander. I am in NY. I was told that there is a suspicious mass in the same neighborhood my initial cancer was in. I get a contrast enhanced mammogram and it showed an enhancing mass. It's .5cm. I need a biopsy. I am flipping out because it's enhancing and in the same breast and same area. I am so scared. I am terrified. I have 12 year old twins and want to see them grow, get married, and live beautiful lives with lots of children. I'd appreciate any encouraging words or experiences. If you pray, please pray for me.

• mandy23
    mandy23 Member Posts: 105
    Options

Hi @roareus -

Sorry you have to be here again. Take a deep breath. It sounds like even if the mass is bc, it's very small. Although none of us like going through treatment, hopefully it will be very treatable. It may be 'nothing'. Wait until you get the results and then take things one step at a time. You will get through this!

@luckygirl27 - how are you doing?

@lglovespeaches - Hope your MRI results were 'good'?