Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

14 years out!

Options

hello sisters,

this site helped me so much when I was going through treatment. Just wanted to come here and post that yesterday marked my 14 years of surviving stage 3a. i have five pos nodes, one with extranodal extension. did chemo, radiation, bilat mastectomy, and also oopherectomy. still taking letrozole. currently NED. at diagnosis i was 44, and i prayed daily to live to 50 and see my children through their childhoods. am now 58 and going strong. the fear has receded for me. there is hope!!

Comments

• kaynotrealname
    kaynotrealname Member Posts: 386
    Options

OHMIGOSH!!! Happy holidays to you!!! So thrilled to read this especially that the fear has receded since I've still got quite a bit a year and half out. Do you mind me asking you a few things? If not, what grade were you at diagnosis and what type of tumor? Also, how are your bones on letrozole since you're 14 years out with it? Do you have to take a biophosphate? I'm about to start one and am meeting with a gynecologist oncologist tomorrow in regards to taking out my ovaries. Physically do you feel good?

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,986
    Options

@chrishat, congratulations on your 14-year anniversary of diagnosis, along with your NED! We appreciate you spreading hope and positivity. Our best wishes for your continued health and strength.💝

The Mods

• chelsea5
    chelsea5 Member Posts: 46
    Options

@kaynotrealname I was diagnosed in 2017 and have just started year 6 on Letrozole. Bones are thinner but holding up well. I receive an injection of zoledronic acid every six months.

Because I was in chemo-induced menopause (age 53) I was getting a monthly injection of Trelstar to ensure I stayed in menopause.

I know the question was directed at chrishat but I figured my success story might be encouraging for you and others also.

• kaynotrealname
    kaynotrealname Member Posts: 386
    Options

Thank you so much, Chelsea! Always wonderful to read :)

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,986
    Options

Yesss, thank you for your post, @chelsea5! 💝

The Mods