Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

How about festivity sweets?

Options

Hi everybody

I wanted to ask an opinion...

I try to avoid sugar as much as possible, as well as fructose, juses, too much fruit...etc...

Now I may go to a dinner, and being near Christmas, I imagine there is going to be panettone, or other festivity sweets...

Should I eat some? Should I avoid them completely not to feel guilty the next day?

How do you feel about sugar? Do you eat it? Or have a low sugar diet? Or sugar free? Do you think they matter or doesn't matter in a diet? And how about fruit?

Thank you for an opinion, link to studies, personsl story...or anything.

Best wishes to everybody!

Comments

• maggie15
    maggie15 Member Posts: 883
    Options

Hi amel, If you follow a healthy diet most of the time the occasional holiday treat should not make a big difference. The only warning would be to stick to your usual diet if sugar or other treats would interact with your medications. I have to be strict with what I eat to limit severe GI issues and avoid blood sugar spikes. For my holiday treat I buy a pound of expensive coffee beans and really enjoy the one cup of coffee I am allowed each day. I hope you can enjoy a slice of panettone. Buone feste e tanti auguri!

• amel_83
    amel_83 Member Posts: 132
    Options

@maggie15 Yes it probably will not do any difference, you're right!

I will enjoy a bit of panettone, happy Christmas, enjoy your coffe!

• cookie54
    cookie54 Member Posts: 682
    Options

@amel_83 I hope you enjoyed your sweet treat! I try to eat as healthy as possible which includes a lower sugar treat. I do treat myself more during celebrations, life is too short as you know! I don't believe it makes a difference at all. I used to drive myself crazy when I was diagnosed with mets thinking what I ate had something to do with it. So now I just eat treats in moderation and I'm comfortable with it. Wishing you all the best in the new year.

• amel_83
    amel_83 Member Posts: 132
    Options

@cookie54

Hi, thank you for answering.

I eat a ittle bit of sweets during festivities, after full meals, i figure out doesn't really matter, as you and everybody here and on breastcancernow suggested me! But I will keep my sugar low diet after, and even now I will not exagerate at all...but some little panettone slices were such a treat to me 😆

Best wishes and happy new year!