Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Starting Chemo January 2024? Gather here for support!

Options

If you're scheduled to begin chemotherapy this month, join and share here for support. Please share your diagnosis, planned chemo regimen and start date, so we can all support you as you navigate treatment — we're all here for you!

Comments

• djschmidt1
    djschmidt1 Member Posts: 28
    Options

I am tentatively scheduled to start TCHF on 1/15. I am stage 2a Hormone Neg, Her2 POS. I’m terrified to be honest. My heart starts pounding just thinking about chemo. I am to have a treatment every three weeks for 18 weeks (6 total).

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,966
    Options

Hi @djschmidt1, thank you for sharing this. It can be nerve wracking starting treatment. Outside of the forums, do you have anyone that you've been able to confide in for emotional support?

• djschmidt1
    Options

Yes my sister in law in Tx has been through all of it, so she is helping me. I also just signed up to talk to a local cancer counselor in a few weeks.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,966
    Options

That's wonderful to hear. It's admirable that you are seeking support from multiple sources. Remember that we're here for you as well whenever you may need it. You're not alone!

The Mods

• maxelts
    maxelts Member Posts: 1
    Options

I think the anxiety and the waiting have been the worst of it. Got my first infusion yesterday morning…feeling a bit achy, but so far not any worse than a flu. Really hoping it stays this way!

• djschmidt1
    Options

well I am one week out from first treatment (TCHF) and its been a really rough week. I’m really hoping that I can get some relief when I see the dr tomorrow because it’s been hard. My side effects are almost too much to list, starting from my mouth to my intestines, it’s been pretty miserable. I was planning to work but definitely not going to be able to manage on chemo weeks if not beyond. Fingers crossed he an help me tomorrow.