Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Triple Negative Treatment Plan

Options

I’m finishing up NAC chemo 4 rounds of a/c, 6 rounds of Tchp, to be followed by a double mastectomy and rads. Did any of you have chemo after your surgery/rads? I know it depends on the results of the surgery pathology report but just trying to get a handle on what is to come. Could you share your experiences?

Comments

• cookie54
    cookie54 Member Posts: 682
    Options

@hopeandhealth Hi I just wanted to wish a fellow TNBC well with surgery and rads. I hope that NAC did a great job for you and destroyed your cancer! The only time I had rads and oral chemo after surgery was after my lymph node dissection surgery upon recurrence. I had chemo and immuno first then went to surgery and some nodes still had cancer. I then has rads and started on Xeloda which is a popular oral chemo in the TNBC world.

Thinking positive thought s that you won't need any further treatment! Sending good vibes and well wishes.

• [Deleted User]
    Options

Thank you for responding. Not many do..l’m also on the fence about reconstruction as Tnbc has a high reoccurrence rate and I have 2 nodes involved at diagnosis. Not sure I want lots more doctor visits etc after my surgery. Haven’t gotten keytruda yet and I know xeloda is given after surgery. Just wishing I could be done with treatment…I’m so tired and frankly pretty down. Thank you again for reaching out.

• cookie54
    cookie54 Member Posts: 682
    Options

@hopeandhealth Of course! Well the reconstruction is a personal decision , you do whatever seems right for you! I totally get it, I am tired of so many appointments but what else can we do? Sorry to hear you are feeling down I know how hard all these changes can be. Take things one day, one step at a time. Hugs